Database seems corrupted

Marty_B

Database seems corrupted

Post by Marty_B »

Hi All,
I have an issue where much of the footage that Blue Iris has recorded is present on the drives but is not showing up in list when I try to filter by date from the web UI. Again, I can see the files in the hard drives but not from the Blue Iris web UI. I have tried rebuilding the database but this does not seem to help.
I have my storage drives set up as follows:
New C:\Footage Local SSD 90Gb Allocated Move to Stored when full
Stored D:\Footage Local HDD 3500Gb Allocated Move to ExtStored when full
Alerts C:\Alerts Local SSD 115Gb Allocated Move to Stored when full
ExtStored E:\ExtFootage Local HDD 2500Gb Allocated Move to ExtStored2 when full
ExtStored2 F:\ExtFoogage Local HDD 3600Gb Allocated Delete Oldest when full

So I have almost 10 Tb of space but it is not completely full yet. It appears that the database is goofed up and I am unable to repair it. This happened after upgrading to the latest version of Blue Iris.
This is not the first time that this has happened, but this is the first time that a database rebuild did not correct the issue. Any ideas?
Thanks
Marty_B

Re: Database seems corrupted

Post by Marty_B »

Hi All,
I ended up deleting everything in the c:\blueiris\db folder and then rebuilding the database. This seems to have corrected my issue. This process took almost 24 hours on a pretty substantial machine (12th gen I7 with 64Gb of ram and fast SSD) There is about 7 Tb of footage. Is it normal to take so long?
Thanks.
TimG

Post by TimG »

With my i7-8700k (16GB RAM) and 16+TB of recordings, deleting and rebuilding the db takes under 30 minutes. That has a 1TB SSD and the rest are rusty platters. Your db rebuild was slow. Anybody else have times for db rebuilds from zero ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Marty_B

Post by Marty_B »

Wow that is a significant difference. Like yours, my system drive is a 1 TB SSD and the rest are mechanical HDDs, Western digital Purples. The system seems pretty stable now and I will keep an eye on it. Thanks for your information. It helps to know how long other folk's systems take.