Manual updated - now shows I have evaluation version

General discussion about Blue Iris
Sparks

Manual updated - now shows I have evaluation version

Post by Sparks »

Help, I copied the BI folder then un-installed BI and re-installed with the latest download.

Now it shows my original license key in the setup but says it is an evaluation edition.

Has support for manual updating been removed ?

Edit: there is nothing on Licensing in the self-help area that I could find
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (216.73 KiB) Viewed 2054 times
TimG

Re: Manual updated - now shows I have evaluation version

Post by TimG »

Have a look at your settings to see if support has expired. If it has, you can either find the last version your licence covers, or pay for an extended support plan.

I think it protects you from this if you update with the built in updater, but a manual install will bypass the protection.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Hi Tim, The built in auto-updater stops working when the support ends. Looks like there are no updates past the end of support, manual or otherwise.
I thought updates for security/stability would be provided but it seems this is not the case.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

We don't know what you're updating - 4->5? 5.x.x -5.x.y? Also, it's unclear how you attempted to update - what is a manual update?

Let us know what you are trying to do... "before/after" kind of thing.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

@YrbkMgr Yes my mistake. I am just updating, not upgrading. I am on 5.5.4.4 and thought 5.5.6.2 would be manually installable. I was getting messages in the log telling me an update was available.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

No worries, you're in good company and we got clarity.

The procedure for updating and a pretty good resource in general, can be found in Troubleshooting Toolkit -> Version Control - Software Version Reference document.

You need to enter your registration number so it activates -> Global settings -> About tab. If you have trouble take a screen shot of that tab and post it here.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.