Recommended Settings

jpauljohnson

Recommended Settings

Post by jpauljohnson »

Hi guys. I have about 17 cameras (4MP) on my NVR. I've been struggling to keep it recording predictably. I think I'm my own worst enemy in this.

I was filling up my hard drive (8TB) and discovered my Exported Clips consumed all the room and so BI5 stopped saving new data. I deleted the exports.

I put everything on a 12TB drive and it quit due to 100% CPU usage I think. Lost many clips that had no time to record. I turned on Direct To Disk recording and removed overlays and it dropped to 15%.

My New profile uses my boot drive, an SSD, but it only has about 80Gb of free space. I noticed that my max clip length was defaulting to 8 hours and thought that might be too big. I have many of the cameras recording continuously. I dropped this down to 1 hour. I also changed the video format to MP4 but now I can't use the Playback integration. I read that would be a problem so I think I'll undo that decision.

In my Clips and Archiving settings I have the New profile limited to 50GB and have not selected the limit clip age. I selected this once to 1 day and all my history was limited to current day and previous day. I need as much history as I can get. I'm assuming that when the 50GB limit is reached, BI5 starts moving clips to the Stored profile with my current settings.

My Stored profile is limited to 12000GB and 60 days, and is set to Delete.

Does this look right? This is for a condo security staff and they count on being able to get recorded data from this NVR. A car was stolen just last night.

I greatly appreciate any suggestions.
TimG

Re: Recommended Settings

Post by TimG »

Hiya,
In my Clips and Archiving settings I have the New profile limited to 50GB and have not selected the limit clip age. I selected this once to 1 day and all my history was limited to current day and previous day. I need as much history as I can get. I'm assuming that when the 50GB limit is reached, BI5 starts moving clips to the Stored profile with my current settings.
I have "New" set with a size that I know will fill up in a couple of days, and then have "Limit clip age" set to 7 days as well to make sure everything has been transferred to "Stored", which is on a different 4TB drive. That gives me 30+ days of continuous recordings, which can be viewed on all of my clients - the BI5 pc, a local LAN pc with UI3 or an android device. All recordings, including those in "Stored" can be viewed.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.