Homeseer BI Camera Trigger Failure

SteveHarvanek

Post by SteveHarvanek »

Homeseer External BI Camera Trigger Not Working In May BI Versions.

This has worked flawless for 2 plus years.

05-24-2021 version of BI 5.4.6.4 does not see a Homeseer camera trigger from an Event or a manual Device Trigger using BI Plugin for Homeseer.

Tried the latest version of BI 5.4.7.0 dated 05-25-2021 BI still does not see HS camera trigger from an Event or a manual Device Trigger
Profile change is very slow to respond, probably would not capture desired event.

I rolled back to version 5.3.8.17  dated 01-25-2021 the HS BI Plugin works normal here but if your wanting the new AI features it's not in this version.

HS version 4.1.16.0

There is something definitely going on with the HS BI Plugin and the newer versions of BI. Beware

Also posted on Homeseer Forum.
TimG

Re: Homeseer BI Camera Trigger Failure

Post by TimG »

Hi Steve,

Do you mean the plug in from BeeryGaz ? It was working here last night with HS4 Pro v4.1.16.0, and BI5 v5.4.6.3. although I use BI5 camera motion detection to turn my drive lights on rather than the other way around. They appeared to turn on just as BI5 detected motion as usual. Are you sure that a BI5 update hasn't deleted some settings ? We have seen that before. I don't think BeeryGaz is showing the HS plug in much love, so I don't think much will happen at that end. Hmm, MQTT ?

It's 18:14 here now, and I've just been updating Win10 to 21H1, and BI5 to v5.4.7.1, so I'll find out later if my lights are still working.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
SteveHarvanek

Post by SteveHarvanek »

BI appears to detect motion and function normal.
I have tried multiple times with newer versions of BI.
On certain HS Events I do a BI Profile change and trigger cameras via the HS BI plugin.
BI sends an Alert with a jpg file.
This has worked flawless for 2+ years.

On the most recent BI updates HS triggers a BI Profile changes but BI does not see the HS camera trigger.

After moving to the newest version of BI I changed BI to Alert me on a Profile change which worked but not my preferred method.

Kudos to BI for their software version control!
I rolled back to a January version I had used for months and everything is good again.

Beerygaz has abandoned the BI plugin so .. HS BI users are left in the ozone
I understand he may have had a health issue according to someone on the HS forum.
I have been a 10yr fan of HS but it could be better.
HS and BI are very powerful together.

HS 4.1.16.0
I run separate dedicated BI and HS machines.
Serodgers

Post by Serodgers »

I quit using the BI plugin about two years ago. Just use direct url calls to have HS trigger or control BI.

for example I have an HS event that triggers a camera when my gate to backyard opens. Event runs this immediate script command to trigger my south gate camera.

&hs.urlaction("http://192.168.2.184:81/admin?camera=SG ... w=password", "GET", "", "")

I also have HS event when one of my sprinklers zones runs to temporarily turn off motion alerts as sprinklers trigger motion. They turn back when zone stops watering.

Don’t need a plugin in HS to interact with BI. I have posted a few examples in HS forums. All the urls to control BI are in the help file.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
SteveHarvanek

Post by SteveHarvanek »

Thanks I will take a look at that!