Blue Iris setup remotely

General discussion about Blue Iris
ganygren

Blue Iris setup remotely

Post by ganygren »

Hello. I am brand new to BI. I just setup a Reolink NVR with 2 RLC-823A-16X at my vacation property. I have remote access with the Reolink app. I just bought Blue Iris and installed it on my PC at home and I’m trying to connect to my vacation property. Does the blue Iris PC need to be on the local network. If it can be setup remotely can someone point me a tutorial on this. I’ve enabled all server settings in Reolink as seen on YouTube, entered the WAN IP, correct port numbers and password the it seems to connect when I push Find / Inspect I get this.

Opening 174.1.74.123 port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
Timeout
Opening 174.1.74.133 port 8000...
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
HTTP 12029
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
Cantonk port 34567?
RTSP port open?
No automatic configuration made
Done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by ganygren on Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thixotropic

Re: Blue Iris setup remotely

Post by Thixotropic »

Did you enable the webserver? That's the usual way to do remote access and viewing.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
ganygren

Post by ganygren »

No I have not enabled web server. The Blue Iris PC is not on the same local network as the Reolink NVR. I thought I could use blue Iris on the remote PC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi, Blue Iris is an NVR and it would usually be on the vacation property LAN to record the cameras directly. So you have a Reolink NVR at the vacation property. Many third party NVR's can be viewed remotely, but you would have to follow their instructions on allowing WAN access and opening ports on the remote router to achieve this. I would imagine the next step would be to attempt to view the vacation property NVR from home using VLC in a web browser, and again that should be detailed on the web somewhere for your Reolink NVR. If that is successful, you should be able to figure out the settings to be used in BI5.

By the way, if that is your real WAN IP address, you can expect a lot of port scanning after posting it here :shock:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.