BlueIris Android App help

General discussion about Blue Iris
natharas82

BlueIris Android App help

Post by natharas82 »

Hi folks, been using BlueIris for just on a year with 3 cameras. I've purchased and installed the blueiris app for android on both my phone and also the wife in conjunction with ZeroTier. When using the Alerts button and selecting an alert it just comes up with a black screen for the wife (she is using a samsung) while I seem to have fewer issues, yes it is slow at times before it loads but it eventually plays (motorola phone).

Is there something that I'm missing in the blueiris app configuration wise as the wife gets extremely frustrated with the app to the point of she hates using it.
ducem

Re: BlueIris Android App help

Post by ducem »

Try a uninstall then install of the BI app, just in case any settings have been changed without knowing
TimG

Post by TimG »

I'm using a Samsung S22 Ultra with ZeroTier and the BI5 android app and it works well with no obvious delays locally or remotely.

FWIW, my settings are:

BI5 server
LAN access: <Local LAN IP>:81
WAN access: blank.

BI5 Android app
LAN: <ZeroTier IP of BI5 server>:81
WAN <ZeroTier IP of BI5 server>:81

I'm guessing other combinations may cause loss of WAF :shock:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
natharas82

Post by natharas82 »

TimG wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:45 pm I'm using a Samsung S22 Ultra with ZeroTier and the BI5 android app and it works well with no obvious delays locally or remotely.

FWIW, my settings are:

BI5 server
LAN access: <Local LAN IP>:81
WAN access: blank.

BI5 Android app
LAN: <ZeroTier IP of BI5 server>:81
WAN <ZeroTier IP of BI5 server>:81

I'm guessing other combinations may cause loss of WAF :shock:
With regards to the BI5 Android app, where can I see the LAN and WAN IP's, do I need to sign-out out of BI and then edit the settings?
TimG

Post by TimG »

Yes, that will let you edit the IP settings.
Forum Moderator.
natharas82

Post by natharas82 »

TimG wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:22 am Yes, that will let you edit the IP settings.
I've checked those IP's and they are both the same and match what my BlueIris IP is set as in ZeroTier under Network>Settings and Members.
TimG

Post by TimG »

When using the Alerts button and selecting an alert it just comes up with a black screen for the wife...
So your wife can use the android app to see your BI5 server and live video but is having issues when trying to view Alerts ? Is it the same locally and when remote ?

I've just checked my phone on my local LAN and with wifi off, and it's about the same; it takes a fraction of a second to start playing the video.

You don't have massive MP cameras do you ? Even my 5MP Reolink doorbell works well.
Forum Moderator.