Camera Clone and Zones

General discussion about Blue Iris
Brucew

Camera Clone and Zones

Post by Brucew »

I assume I am missing something. I am trying to adjust my cameras to get fine the motion triggers on my cameras. I had hoped that cloning a camera would help me tweak the settings. But when I clone a camera and try to edit the zones in the clone it will not let me. I can enable /disable zones but the zone click button stays greyed out. I have tried all sorts of things, even removed all zone settings from the original camera before cloning. I have also tried not using the copy from camera when I make the clone, and added a camera using teh IP address of the original camera.
Am I doing something wrong or is this just how it is and a clone cannot modify the zones. Have looked in manual but so far not discovered the answer I am looking for.
TimG

Re: Camera Clone and Zones

Post by TimG »

That's odd, I'm sure I have previously used the cloning method to fine tune triggering. Anybody else having trouble ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Brucew

Re: Camera Clone and Zones

Post by Brucew »

With a little nudge from Ken at Blue Iris Software I have discovered what I was doing wrong when cloning my cameras.

When I had tried cloning previously while the cloned settings window was open I had gone on to try and edit all the settings I wanted to try before clicking OK. And it was then I was seeing the Zone Edit button 'greyed out'

So I have discovered I needed to complete the cloning action by clicking OK and then go back in to the camera settings to make the adjustments and after doing this way all is functioning correctly.