Wifi PTZ Lag

General discussion about Blue Iris
tmoran000

Wifi PTZ Lag

Post by tmoran000 »

Can anyone help me with this. I have 6 cameras, 4 of which are Amcrest PTZ Dome cameras, 2 are wired, 2 are wireless. What I am seeing is when I am using the BI app or Remote viewing after a few days post reboot of server the PTZ functions are massively delayed. For example.. I have a bedroom camera to watch my dog crates. If I need to move the camera in any direction. it wont move and lag out the feed for almost 45 sec to a minute then when it does move it will turn the camera all the way to the max in that direct but immediately after this happens I can control the camera normally at a normal response speed. Then if I dont move the camera any more for a bit I will have to go through the same thing the next time I need to move it and its the same on both WIFI. The signal strength is great in both locations. I have a wired Unifi Access point in each of the rooms and I get perfect signal on all other devices in there. I did notice that each time this happens I get the error as seen in the image.. can anyone help me identify the reason this is happening?
Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 7.09.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 7.09.23 PM.png (18.8 KiB) Viewed 4992 times
TimG

Re: Wifi PTZ Lag

Post by TimG »

I think that needs an email to support.

Have you seen my post about some of my Win10 pc's slowing down to a crawl after being on for a few days ? You could click on something, and nothing would happen for approx 1 minute, then it would suddenly catch up. When I moved BI5 from my Amd 8350 piledriver to an Intel i5-3330 due to this, it actually showed up as BI5 video recordings with slow motion starting when this happened. That cpu wasn't anywhere near as as powerful as the the old 8350. The answer for me is still being tested. Acronis True Image (Thank you Reddawg). It has ransomware protection, which appears to stuff the pc after a few days. I say being tested, as the BI5 pc has had to be rebooted every two days since I disabled that due to Windows updates. Bah :roll:

Are your wired cams suffering from this too, or just the wifi cams ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
tmoran000

Post by tmoran000 »

Thank you, no. Anything wired is perfect. Wireless only and only on remote services. It appeared that local on bi server it worked fine as well

I'm running an Intel i7-4790 with 32gb of ram and an SSD for is, wd purple for recodings
tmoran000

Post by tmoran000 »

also I wanted to give specs of my set up

BI4
Intel I7-4790 cpu
32gb RAM
500gb intel SSD
WD Purple Storage drive
Windows 10 Pro

Untangle Router (i5-2500, SSD, 16gb RAM)
Unifi 24port POE switch
1GB/1GB Verizon FIOS Internet

4 Amcrest POE PTZ Dome Cameras (2 wired, 2 Wireless)
2 Amcrest Bullet outdoor Cameras