Help with geofencing options missing

twehrle

Help with geofencing options missing

Post by twehrle »

I have recently purchased and installed BI5, as well as the Android app. All are working well, except I cannot find the Geofencing options in the Android app. I can see the Android device listed in the Mobile Devices tab, I have configured geofencing events in BI settings for that device. However, in the Android app settings, I am not seeing any geofencing options. I have also explicitly given the app Android permissions for location. Still not geofencing settings. Can anyone advise on these missing options?

Thank You
Troy
TimG

Re: Help with geofencing options missing

Post by TimG »

Hi, which version of the android app are you running ?

I have v2.0.69 here, and the geofencing options are in Settings.

Geofence update notifications = On
Choose notification options = On
Geofence radius = 50m.

Please see other threads on geofencing, as i still don't have it working correctly, and I have been going through it step by step with forum user plongson. I have today sent a message to support to attempt to figure this out.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

TimG wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:53 am Hi, which version of the android app are you running ?

I have v2.0.69 here, and the geofencing options are in Settings.

Geofence update notifications = On
Choose notification options = On
Geofence radius = 50m.

Please see other threads on geofencing, as i still don't have it working correctly, and I have been going through it step by step with forum user plongson. I have today sent a message to support to attempt to figure this out.
I have the same version of the BI Android app. But, I cannot find the two geofence options you listed in the apps settings! I believe they are just above & below the 'Choose Notifications Options', but do not appear in settings.

I've enabled Enter/Exit geofence in BI settings Mobile Devices for my phone, and have addes a sound and toast popup for each. I've logged out and on on both the BI pgm & Android app. Still cannot see the geofence options.

I'm sure it's a simple thing,
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

It was something simple. I uninstalled the BI android, reinstalled, and re setup. It is the same version 2.0.69 as I had before. The geofence options are now in settings.

Before reinstalling, I had previously cleared the cache & data & setup, but that did not work.

Odd.
TimG

Post by TimG »

I'm running it on a Samsung Galaxy S7, and all is well. I just had a look on my wife's Galaxy S5, and those settings are not there.

My initial suspicion is that I had previously not set up her phone to use BI5 Geofencing, but I did set that up this morning (It's 19:23 here now in Blighty). I'm going to reboot her phone and see if that does anything. Nope.

My phone has the first "Geofence update notification" setting under "Full brightness during live...", and the second geofence radius under "choose notification options". Both mobile phones have the same version of the android app.
Forum Moderator.
TimG

Post by TimG »

I've just re-installed the android app on her phone, and it has made no difference. Can the OP tell us what version of android they are running ?
Forum Moderator.
TimG

Post by TimG »

And now I turned on GPS on the S5, and the settings appeared :!:

I don't think I fiddled with much else :roll:
Forum Moderator.
TimG

Post by TimG »

OK, see my main geofencing thread in the General Discussion forum. The android app geofencing options ONLY appear if you are set as an administrator user within the BI5 settings. I had fiddled with more than one setting earlier, but I remembered what I had done :oops:
Forum Moderator.