Help! Dead PC and Camera's left hanging

mmccolm

Help! Dead PC and Camera's left hanging

Post by mmccolm »

Hello - I have a site that was utilizing this software for camera surveillance. It is now part of my company and these have not worked since before Jan 2023...fun. To add more insult to injury the tower/PC that was using this is dead as a door nail. I think the cameras are still usable and would like to 'reuse' them as they placements are great. My question is this: Can I install Blue Iris onto a new PC/Tower, install the software V5 and then "sniff for cameras"? Can I bring them into my new "setup" this way? I have never used the software and am hoping for some help. thank you.
TimG

Re: Help! Dead PC and Camera's left hanging

Post by TimG »

Hi, Yes you can but it may take some effort. You can install the BI5 demo and will have some time to test before buying a licence. BI5 MAY be able to find the cameras itself using the built in tools. Have a look at the Blue Iris Help File and search for "Find/Inspect".

Do you know the basic IP range ? The cameras are likely to have static IP's so:

Onvif Device Manager may find them.

Advanced IP Scanner is worth a try.

Otherwise checking a router to see if it identifies any static IP's might help too.

Good luck :D
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
TimG

Re: Help! Dead PC and Camera's left hanging

Post by TimG »

This IS the help forum. We can start from here and send the OP to Support if it gets too technical.

Personally I would attempt to fix the dead pc first, but the above IP sniffing methods should help.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.