I purchased full version last 2021 but download link is gone

General discussion about Blue Iris
rdchico

I purchased full version last 2021 but download link is gone

Post by rdchico »

Its been a while since i havent setup my home cctv. I totally forgot about Blue Iris but when the need arises I found on my email my blue iris purchase however I cant download the full version. I have the license key but the v5 was the app I installed in my pc and it has water marks.

Where Can I download the full version?

My email is adonischico@gmail.com

Thank you!
HeneryH

Re: I purchased full version last 2021 but download link is gone

Post by HeneryH »

You can get installers by date on IP Cam Talk. Get the latest one that your system was in-support. You can get your in-support expiration from the current system with the watermarks.
rdchico

Post by rdchico »

if i purchase support will they give me a link where i could download and help me configure it all?
TimG

Post by TimG »

I think you already have the correct download. What you don't have is a key for it.

When you first purchase BI5, you get 12 months of updates with it. You can use that version for many years. If you update to a new version after that 12 months it will revert to demo mode. At that time you can either find an older version of BI5 to match your license period (As mentioned above), or you can get a Support plan which gives you another 12 months of updates.

Does that clarify it for you ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

This question seems to come up every week, I wonder why BI doesn’t address it? They could easily simply put download links for all the stable releases on their website?
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

IAmATeaf wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:47 pm This question seems to come up every week, I wonder why BI doesn’t address it? They could easily simply put download links for all the stable releases on their website?
That would be a nice thing to do for the customers who choose not to pay for support.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

rdchico wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:20 am if i purchase support will they give me a link where i could download and help me configure it all?
The main download link on the BI home page is the current version which works if you are in-support.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

HeneryH wrote:
IAmATeaf wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:47 pm This question seems to come up every week, I wonder why BI doesn’t address it? They could easily simply put download links for all the stable releases on their website?
That would be a nice thing to do for the customers who choose not to pay for support.
This has nothing to do with support! Adding versions of past exes to their website in my opinion would simply stave off the my BI is now running in eval mode how do I fix it? Type questions.

I’ve mentioned before but I have license for an app called Beyond Compare and I can go to their website and download a version of the app that fits my licensing requirements.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

IAmATeaf wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:04 am This has nothing to do with support!
You want them to do something to support your use of a product that you no longer pay support fees for.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

Being able to download a version that you are allowed to use and licensed for in my opinion isn’t support in the true sense of the word support.

Each update is around 50Mb, let’s say for v5 there have been 30 stable updates released, that’s 1.5gb of storage required for that, in the grand scheme of things peanuts these days and it staves off all the posts from people who unlike you and me haven’t kept of a copy of the version relevant to them.

Support is getting hassled by people asking for support when they are out of support asking for support in how to get rid of the watermark. A single webpage explaining this with downloads would keep all of this quiet.

Just my opinion. I work in IT and where the same questions or queries keep being asked we tend to have a page dedicated to self help so this would be their first port of call to see if what they are having a problem with is already known about and if it is then what they can do to self help, saves so many calls being logged.