New camera Alerts

Pogo

Re: New camera Alerts

Post by Pogo »

Are you recording 'direct-to-disk' ?

What's the deal with the NVidea and is CPAI in the mix?

We need more info.
artamous75

Post by artamous75 »

Won't setting my stream profiles to sub give me lower-quality recordings?
I initially tried to set it to Reolink, but when I click on find/inspect it finds it and the settings go back to generic.

I'm running an HP desktop with I7 and 48 GB RAM, i also have a Nvidea 1030 card in the system for the AI stuff.
Yes, i am recording directly to disk.

I have the Nvidea for the AI
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi, the basic idea is to record the high resolution stream, but to do the motion detection on a much lower resolution stream like 640x480. It takes a massive load off of the cpu. Most IP cameras can give two or three different resolution streams at the same time, so set up BI5 to have two streams, and you lose nothing.

There are many variations on this, so you could record the sub-stream until a trigger, and then record the main stream. BI5 is very flexible.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Good morning. That info helps a lot.
artamous75 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:02 pm Won't setting my stream profiles to sub give me lower-quality recordings?

No. Your main stream will still be accounted for. There's an explanation for how all that works. First things first. Activate your substream.

I initially tried to set it to Reolink, but when I click on find/inspect it finds it and the settings go back to generic.

Ok. There's no new funny business with these cameras then. Cool. Again, activate the substream. It should show up as Profile 001_SubStream in the selections box and the URL should be /h264Preview_01_sub.

I'm running an HP desktop with I7 and 48 GB RAM, i also have a Nvidea 1030 card in the system for the AI stuff.
Yes, i am recording directly to disk.

The Intel processor should be specified as your default for the streaming / encoding stuff which is done in the main settings page under cameras. Then select default for each individual camera and restart them in Blue Iris. (No need to reboot them.) This relieves the CPU from the load -- unless the i7 is less than a gen4 which wasn't yet capable of handling h265. Which generation of i7? Direct to disk is nearly mandatory for resource conservation. More than enough RAM unless the system is doing lots of other stuff besides also being a Blue Iris server.

I have the Nvidea for the AI

This is good. I'm not experienced with the AI stuff, but understand the NVidea can be specified to only handle the AI analysis activity to pull that load from the CPU. Set it up that way so it's not fighting with the Intel over the encoding.

Try the above and let us know how it goes.
artamous75

Post by artamous75 »

Is this what im changing it to?
Attachments
Settings 3.png
Settings 3.png (10.13 KiB) Viewed 1076 times
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Yep.
artamous75

Post by artamous75 »

This is what it looks like after the change. Is there any other setting i should change other than adding the sub?
Attachments
after sub change.png
after sub change.png (8.34 KiB) Viewed 1072 times
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Have you visited the Intel CPU / NVidea settings?
artamous75

Post by artamous75 »

Here is the current settings in the Camera tab
Attachments
cameras tab.png
cameras tab.png (53.66 KiB) Viewed 1067 times
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Just Intel is usually adequate. And that entry will apply to any camera config that is set to 'default' instead of NVidea. Again, I believe the NVidea would be specified elsewhere for the AI stuff. Someone else will need to either confirm or correct me on that.

Which i7 processor do you have?