Good mobile client

General discussion about Blue Iris
TimG

Re: Good mobile client

Post by TimG »

richards: Strike one. Warning sent. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

My intention here was to gather information from affected users and try to make sense of what is happening. Following that I can put all of the information to Ken in a logical manner.

I have contacted Ken, and I can confirm that he has only seen a couple of emails through support stating there is some sort of laginess/delay that was introduced with newer versions of Android OS, so he wants to make sure we are talking about the same issue.

We need to know:

1. What do the affected users have in common? Phone models, configurations, OS versions, any added "hacks" to defeat normal phone operations, etc. If we can isolate anything like this it would be key.
2. Does it only happen when on WAN, LAN, HTTPS,
3. Does any server setting matter?
4. How about a connection to a simple/vanilla Blue Iris 5.8.x?
5. The app keeps a log that may be accessed on the Help page. This may hold some clues.

I will compile this data. Armed with this, Ken can take the compiled data and ask the developer to attempt to recreate the same conditions. If they are unable to replicate the issue, if we can pinpoint an operation that's failing, he can have the developer add some debug code to that area so that more will be logged.

Help me to help you.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
TimG

Post by TimG »

All: "richards" has been banned for persistent abuse. You will not get banned for posting about issues with BI5 and helping us to figure out how to fix them.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
douga

Post by douga »

I'm not sure if this is the same issue I am experiencing. I am using the Android Blue Iris app and noticed a change a month or so back. I can access my alerts and cameras fine at home (on my LAN) from the mobile Blue Iris app, but when I connect outside of home (cell or wifi), there is a very long delay before the images show up or live cameras can be viewed (a minute or two).