AddToBIDB failed 161

General discussion about Blue Iris
charlescrockett

AddToBIDB failed 161

Post by charlescrockett »

I am getting the error AddToBIDB failed 161 in my log file. A little background - This started on Oct 23, all cameras at once. Since that time, BO has not been recording the video for each camera. It shows the Alerts, but when you go to the folders where the videos are stored (New, Stored, Aux1), there is nothing there. There is plenty of room on my C Drive and my D Drive where my videos eventually end up. I am not showing any Overallocated Storage on the status screen. I don't know what the problem can be. As a side note, if I want to view the past videos, I have to run the Repair DB from the Status screen. Since Oct 23, when I run that Repair DB, any Alerts I have logged disappear. I simply don't know where to look anymore. I did not change anything on Oct 23. There may have been a power surge on that date, but can't be sure. Basically, I don't have anything recorded since Oct 23 and I can't figure out why. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
TimG

Re: AddToBIDB failed 161

Post by TimG »

I suspect database corruption. Have a look in the Log. I would then regen the database.
Did you change antivirus and did you make the required exemptions for BI5 ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
charlescrockett

Tim,
Thanks for the suggestion. By 'regen the database', do you mean Repair DB from the Blue Iris Status Screen? If so, I have done that several time. What is strange is that no videos are being written to my hard drive. I can see the Alerts on the main screen, and on the timeline at the bottom, I can see what would be recorded videos. But after I do a Repair DB, they all disappear. I am thinking this is because there are no actual files with which to rebuild the DB. So maybe the real question is why aren't the files being written. I have not changed anything since Oct 23, no change in virus programs, nothing. I am stumped. Any help you can give would be appreciated.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Yes, so you have done the database rebuild - can you post what you can see in the Log ?
Forum Moderator.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

What version of BI are you running? If the latest then there were issues with files disappearing?
charlescrockett

This is what I have in the log. As I said, it appears that the files are not being saved on the hard drive.
Attachments
BI Log.png
BI Log.png (73.39 KiB) Viewed 1296586 times
BI Log.png
BI Log.png (73.39 KiB) Viewed 1296586 times
charlescrockett

IAmATeaf, It looks like I am running version 5.8.0.11 x64 (10/27/2023)
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

How is your storage allocation configured?

I’ve seen previous reports of this where storage is configured incorrectly.
TimG

Post by TimG »

The Log shows that BI5 cannot see the size of folders. The question is why ?
Could this be a password/ permissions problem ? Are you running BI5 as a service ?
It doesn't make much sense if nothing has changed, so please have a look and tell us what you find.
Forum Moderator.
charlescrockett

I am not sure what you mean by 'how is my storage configured'. I am not very good at technical things, so I need a little more instruction and I will be glad to respond. Just tell me where to look and what information you need. This is a screen print of the Storage tab from the Blue Iris Status:

I don't know if I am running BI as a service or not. I have to start the app everytime I boot the computer. I can see it as an App under Processes on Task Manager. I did not see it listed on the Services list. How do I know if it is running as a Service?
My drives do not have passwords. Suggestions would be appreciated.
Attachments
BI Storage.png
BI Storage.png (38.87 KiB) Viewed 1296554 times