FOSCAM G4

IAmATeaf

Re: FOSCAM G4

Post by IAmATeaf »

The help is maintained, maybe not 100% and does include sections near the start for changes released with major updates.

I personally like to keep the fps for my main and substream the same and also like to keep the ratio at 1.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

I set my cameras up according to what works best for the given situation. An I-frame interval of '1' is also generally what I use, though not for all cameras and scene settings. But to even remotely infer that a 1 second I-frame is a requirement is just as absurd as suggesting an 8th Gen processor is required to run BI.

And the most recent Blue Iris documentation I can find is the Blue Iris 5 Manual included with my last version update to 5.7.4.2 back in April 2023. It's dated May 29, 2019. Where can I obtain a source for the regularly updated documentation without having to pay for a new support agreement?
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

But back to the OP...

Perhaps some additional detail about the Blue Iris server itself along with the wireless environment would be of assistance.

And the Codec info from VLC could also be helpful in determining what the camera is really spitting out compared to how BI is configured to handle it.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Where can I obtain a source for the regularly updated documentation without having to pay for a new support agreement?
Try the hyperlink in my signature :idea:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Why thank you, sir!

Is there also another publicly accessible link that is regularly updated? And if so, why does a search always seem to lead to the old May '19 revision?

And why is the '19 revision the help file for my 5.7.4.2 of April '23?
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

It’s the ratio of fps to iframe that needs to be 1.
davidcbittner

Post by davidcbittner »

Yeah I don't think this has anything to do with my processor or video card not being fast/good enough to handle what I am throwing at it. So this is the machine I am running BI on and the graphics card that is installed in it.
CPU.jpg
CPU.jpg (209.57 KiB) Viewed 447539 times
VIDEO.jpg
VIDEO.jpg (149.74 KiB) Viewed 447539 times
memory.jpg
memory.jpg (138.72 KiB) Viewed 447539 times
davidcbittner

Post by davidcbittner »

Oops sorry I forgot the screen from VLC I think this is what you thought might be helpful to see on the videoMain not the sub that seems like it is very smooth not choppy in VLC
vlc.jpg
vlc.jpg (176.7 KiB) Viewed 447539 times
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

A perfectly capable setup. I run 22 cameras on the same thing minus the extra video card.

The VLC info shows a very modest config for that camera which should easily be handled by BI if presented to it the right way.

Have you tried just plugging in the camera's IP address and allowing BI to do a 'find/inspect' or work your way through the available Foscam selections to see what it comes up with? It should find the RTSP address used for VLC (or an acceptable variant) or maybe just see it as an ONVIF device and take it from there.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Ahem...
IAmATeaf wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:57 pm It’s the ratio of fps to iframe that needs to be 1.
No it doesn't.

An I-frame interval of 1 for 25fps simply means a keyframe occurs every second and the manufacturer uses '1' to specify the ratio. A different manufacture may achieve the same ratio using different terminology (and numbering) for essentially the same end result. The time frame can be 30 seconds, 2 minutes, whatever is designated and determined to be the optimum setup for the purpose.

Different I-frame interval capabilities are available in most every decent camera to provide flexibility for optimizing both image quality and storage considerations and are hardly locked in stone as suggested here. Why use the same keyframe interval for a parking lot security camera at whatever frame rate as a fast-paced sporting event at the same frame rate?

You wouldn't. You also wouldn't apply the same storage considerations.