Topic images do not appear.

Pogo

Re: Topic images do not appear.

Post by Pogo »

It is relatively new beta firmware and was not publicly available to my knowledge. There have been several releases over the past year or two addressing the variety of quirks inherent in the 8MP cameras. Most added new quirks. Mine is v3.1.0.2109_23042409 has the camera working fine now.

The thread here that included the link to the firmware seems to have been lost with the July server issue but there's a similar segment in a Reddit thread (about halfway down) which includes reference and links to non-published beta firmware as well. May even be from the same person who posted here though the firmware there seemed to be an earlier version. https://www.reddit.com/r/reolinkcam/com ... s_control/

A little digging can find you something that works. There are different firmware upgrades for each camera. The 810A is the more basic camera of the two and is H264 only. The 811A is H265 with an additional bell and whistle -- and more prone to challenging the user "just because" from many accounts including my own. The firmware mentioned above solved the issues I was having with the exception of what many consider only marginal night vision performance, though I find it more than adequate for my particular use. But there's a spotlight if you need more illumination and a siren if you want to scare bad guys away! LOL
Last edited by Pogo on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TimG

Post by TimG »

You will never be bored if you buy Reolink :o
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
manocormen

Post by manocormen »

Thank you. The only viable alternative where I live would be Annke. But I read a review of the Annke C800 + Blue Iris that sounded a lot like the complaints I've read about Reolink: lag, stutter, issues related to main or substream, h.264/h.265, firmware, fixed rate, RTMP... so I wonder if Annke 8MP cameras actually suffer from the same issues, but we just don't hear about them as much because they don't sell quite as much as Reolink.
rdxny

Post by rdxny »

manocormen wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:07 pm Thank you. The only viable alternative where I live would be Annke. But I read a review of the Annke C800 + Blue Iris that sounded a lot like the complaints I've read about Reolink: lag, stutter, issues related to main or substream, h.264/h.265, firmware, fixed rate, RTMP... so I wonder if Annke 8MP cameras actually suffer from the same issues, but we just don't hear about them as much because they don't sell quite as much as Reolink.
I have several Annke nc400 cams, and an Annke NCD800. I realize that's not exactly what you are asking about (the ncd800 is two 400's), but just noting that my Annke's perform well with BI for me. I did replace two of the nc400 cams with Duhua (andy) 5442 IR cams, and the night results with the 5442s are much better (likely due to the added IR light in dark areas where the annke color cams didn't cut it alone.
manocormen

Post by manocormen »

Thanks. In my case, night performance wouldn't be an issue because the camera's will be pointed at an area that is well-lit even at night.

Regarding your cameras, mind share your config? From what I've read, the issues are usually specific to substreams/h.265 - do these work on your end?

The config I have in mind is main + substreams, h.265, basic AI-detection, with Blue Iris running on 13th gen Intel-based server, and just a couple of cameras to begin with, but 5 or 6 soon, if all goes well.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

This is what is working for me -- even with an i7 4790 which is absorbing the h265 load. Nothing fancy. No BI inner circle secret voodoo. Pretty much as simple as it gets for any basic camera configuration.
811 cfg.jpg
811 cfg.jpg (109.65 KiB) Viewed 15886 times
The first thing you'll likely notice is H264 RTSP selected in the Model slot. It's what makes the sub-stream happy from everything I've personally experienced.

You will also notice port 8000 as the Discover/ONVIF port which is the Reolink default.

The Receive Buffer is also doubled which may or may not increase the stream stability. I personally think it has, but haven't spent any time making an actual determination one way or another. It certainly doesn't impede it.

The camera's own settings are full blown 4K @20fps. I knocked it down from 25fps simply to reduce the load a little for a few lesser horsepower AndroidTV devices using tinyCam Pro.

CBR is 4096. Key frame interval is 1 sec. Sub-stream at 640x360 at 7fps / 256kb/ps CBR with a 2 sec key frame. Everything else in the camera webUI settings is stock.

I'd like to try an 810 of I could find one cheap enough. Hell, I had this 811 on FaceBook for four months at 50 bucks and it only got 12 clicks -- probably half of em mine! LOL

I'm just glad I ran across the latest firmware to effectively return it to use. The motorized zoom and auto-focus work flawlessly delivering a very high quality 4K image in my particular application which is an outdoor nature scene.

Not sure how well it would capture a guy running through my backyard in the dark waving a license plate in the air, but I have a mean dog and a shotgun for that anyway.
rdxny

Post by rdxny »

manocormen wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:38 pm Thanks. In my case, night performance wouldn't be an issue because the camera's will be pointed at an area that is well-lit even at night.

Regarding your cameras, mind share your config? From what I've read, the issues are usually specific to substreams/h.265 - do these work on your end?

The config I have in mind is main + substreams, h.265, basic AI-detection, with Blue Iris running on 13th gen Intel-based server, and just a couple of cameras to begin with, but 5 or 6 soon, if all goes well.
I have 9 cameras, use a small HP with a i7-6700 3.4Ghz 16gb ram , windows 10 PC, WD purple HDD for storage (no copying to store or anything), two network cards to keep cams off the internet. Unmanaged POE switch, Open VPN on router to see clips away from home, pushover for alerts. Below are my settings for the Annke NCD800 wide cam, twin 4MB, so maybe comparable to an 8mb??? Maybe. I also have one other 8mb cam that works fine, but it is another brand so not necessarily useful info (dark area, uses IR, but the Dahua 5442 looks way better at night and I will be replacing the 8mb cam with the Andy/Dahua 4mb 5442 soon. h264 ( I did have some hiccups with h265 a while back, and I don't see the need.) I run CP AI (no graphics card, just the integrated graphics of the intel chip) and it works great eliminating all the false triggers from rain/snow/bugs/spiders/etc etc., while alerting me via Pushover when something is out there I want to know about.
ncd800 main stream.png
ncd800 main stream.png (28.06 KiB) Viewed 15870 times
nvd800 vid set BI.png
nvd800 vid set BI.png (55.27 KiB) Viewed 15870 times
ncd800 substream.png
ncd800 substream.png (27.44 KiB) Viewed 15870 times
manocormen

Post by manocormen »

Thank you both for sharing your settings. At this point, I'm pretty sure I'm going to give Reolink a try, so this is going to be very useful.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

As a possible point of interest, I experimented with several other configuration settings for the 811A today including a straight generic ONVIF discovery version over port 80 that still seemed to work well at both h264 and h265 on the main stream with h264 remaining on the sub. It seemed happy and Blue Iris seemed tolerant which would not have been the case in the past.

I intended to set up the 811 alongside a 4K Amcrest to compare/confirm stability/lag between the two in real time today but the afternoon got away from me. I will try to accomplish that tomorrow and report back with the results.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

The side-by-side comparison results between the RLC811-A and a 5MP Amcrest were (happily) as expected. Both were aimed toward a scene with passing vehicles for about 36 hours and are still in sync. No lag at all was observed in the performance of the Reolink.

I notice Reolink has refurbed RLC810s direct from their website for fairly reasonable pricing. A fellow near me has 4 listed on FB at $42.50 each. I'd love a couple but couldn't afford the divorce lawyer!