Release 5.7.8.1
Yes I tried that last week

Did not delete the db folder
I did a repair/regenerate and it did nothing

Here now giving it a shot
IAmATeaf

Re: Corrupt Video unable to view clips

Post by IAmATeaf »

As pointed out by @TimG try the delete and regenerate option from the main GUI, that should in theory do the same thing.

I did read about issues with the DB with more recent versions of BI so it might also be worth going back to one of the stable releases?
Merlin02131

Post by Merlin02131 »

Tried deleting the db folder then delete/regen

No good as after a while the white envelope came back and alerts were not able to open
BI Asked to check a file size and send pics of the camera status :
“ Check to see if this is a very small file, like 1-5kb. This indicates there were insufficient keyframes to actually start recording. Please send an image of status/cameras.” Gong to try and get this info to them ASAP as well ...

The alert files show bvi 264 on them as well

Don't understand this at all

I may try an older version next visit onsite .

Thx for the help as I appreciate it !
Site is limited to only Saturdays for access
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

How is the external storage configured? Maybe there’s an issue there?

Really strange that even after a complete regen you get issue quite quickly.

When rebuilding can you see it discovering all the saved clips on your external storage drive?
Merlin02131

Post by Merlin02131 »

External storage is at 10 Terabytes and the System DID tell me yesterday am that I over allocated so I adjusted accordingly , Just checked and 2.9 T used by recordings free is 9.96 t ids free .

Would an out of box hard drive cause this ?
16 terabyte storage usb drive
I cannot see it as I would think it would just download the clip/alert in the format chosen
I guess I could test this soon also ...

You asked :

When rebuilding can you see it discovering all the saved clips on your external storage drive?

Yes as they eventually turn from a clip/alert picture to a white envelope . It also states bvi and 264 on the clip/alert
I actually did the delete/regenerate db twice before the clips first showed correctly then changed to the white envelop

Just tried the my remote app and I get Blue Iris Cannot open video but it is strange is that a very few alerts may open randomly like the same camera a few times and unable to open video , then I get one that will work .

I DO Appreciate the help as I am mystified by this

Thx

Regards

Rich
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

Have you ever renamed any of your cams?

In the early days I renamed a few cams and then found that it was looking for clips starting with the new cam name.

A regen if the DB wouldn’t fix this and I ended up locating all the files with the old name and then manually renaming them before doing another rebuild.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Would an out of box hard drive cause this ?
16 terabyte storage usb drive
I cannot see it as I would think it would just download the clip/alert in the format chosen
I guess I could test this soon also ...
I have a few trains of thought with this one:

1. I'm wondering if there is some "special software for device management, backup and password protection" on that external hard drive that is meddling with the Blue Iris files. Fully reformat external drive ? People have had issues with USB drives before, but it is usually with them powering down. Note Blue Iris saves as .bvr not .bvi
2. Can you add a screen grab of the white envelope. Somebody may recognise it.
3. There is still the possibility that you have malware. Are you sure you have eliminated it ? I have found the free McAfee Stinger a useful tool on top of my usual Malwarebytes when I'm chasing malware. You download the latest version every time.
4. And of course you need to ensure the anti virus on the pc is excluded from the BI5 folders.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Merlin02131

Post by Merlin02131 »

Mornin TimG/IamLeaf

A simple test would be to save some files to the SSD drive and see if that works - Great point on the drive Thx
The Camera names have not changed form the old db to the new as I left them alone
I DID see something strange on one of the names yesterday that I need to look at but only one camera name
Yes I can grab a screen shot as Blue Iris support wants some info as well . I'll try and get out there one nite this week (My bad for not doing more diligence as well on this as my window on Saturdays is limited due to time constraints)
Malware has always been a threat as we had to clean this place up more than once but new anti virus software eset has not shown anything
I also have a Fortinet firewall going in as it just arrived - PC has been rebuilt completely from scratch as well )
eset anti virus software should NOT be an issue but its always a good thing to check - Thx as I'll review that again !
I can only check the Blue Iris remote app as I have not set up remote desktop yet version 2.03.7

Thx Guys
Merlin02131

Post by Merlin02131 »

FYI : I got this from Ken at Support :

" Please send a short example of a BVR file that says it is corrupt. If it's less than 1-2MB, it's probably just empty. "

I have a few things to review on Saturday so we 'll see where this goes as well

Thx

Regards

Rich
TimG

Post by TimG »

I'll get my popcorn ready 8-)

Keep us informed !
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.