Alerts -> sound not working

General discussion about Blue Iris
mikerino

Alerts -> sound not working

Post by mikerino »

I am trying to make the windows PC use an alert sound on motion trigger. When I configure the sound the "test" button works but doesn't make a sound on trigger. I added a "alert -> popup" and that works, same trigger. The popup makes a sound so I got to chase away the raccoons trying to get in my cat door but I would like the sound to work too. Any ideas?
TimG

Re: Alerts -> sound not working

Post by TimG »

Can you show a few screengrabs of your settings ? Anything odd in the log when it triggers ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

Just for reference, these are my settings that work as expected in Win10. Maybe there's something different or disabled.

I play the "trigger audio" alert sound from any given camera through several other cameras so I can wander around the house and still hear the trigger sound(s) if something alerts.

In the image below the video is coming from a cam out front that overlooks the driveway (hence the sound file "Driveway.wav"), but alert sound is also played to a camera in the back yard named "BackYardWest". I can be out back and still hear a sound that tells me someone or something is out front.
sound-1.png
sound-1.png (37.03 KiB) Viewed 7584032 times
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
mikerino

Post by mikerino »

Here are screengrabs. I have the sound and popup configured to execute on the same trigger and only the popup works. If I hit the test button the sound comes out of the correct speakers.
Attachments
2.png
2.png (58.87 KiB) Viewed 7584028 times
1.png
1.png (91.46 KiB) Viewed 7584028 times
TimG

Post by TimG »

So far so good. Knowing the popup works but the sound doesn't should mean the ALERT Action is triggered, but something is blocking the sound action. Can you add a screengrab of that ?
Forum Moderator.
TimG

Post by TimG »

FWIW I'm wondering if the OP is using CPAI, in which case you may need to add the label you are detecting with CPAI to "Required AI Objects" in the Alert Action. I'm thinking something like that is blocking it. We will see :!:
Forum Moderator.
mikerino

Post by mikerino »

Here is the sound configuration. I am using CPAI but considering that the popup works it seems like the trigger is right.
Attachments
3.png
3.png (93.31 KiB) Viewed 7584013 times
TimG

Post by TimG »

So which "To confirm" labels is CPAI detecting in the AI Trigger ? I think you need to add the same labels to the Alert Action "Required AI Objects". I don't think leaving it blank means ALL.

Try adding them and let us know.
Forum Moderator.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Also note that you can do this from the "Trigger/Immediate Actions" and it doesn't wait for the CPAI identification - there isn't a space for "Required AI Objects" because this is before the AI has been called, and it simply fires the "Immediate Actions" on the basic motion trigger. I previously used this to turn on outside lights (with MQTT) as they turn on with motion rather than full CPAI identification - i.e, they light up faster. The "Immediate Actions" are therefore a blunt tool, and the "Alerts/ On Alerts/ Actions" are as precise as you want them to be.

Experimentation is the key, and of course you can clone the Action and try different permutations until you get it working.
Forum Moderator.
mikerino

Post by mikerino »

I tried immediate actions under trigger and the same thing. Sound doesn't work, popup does.