Can no longer start as a service

General discussion about Blue Iris
RichardU

Can no longer start as a service

Post by RichardU »

I've been starting as a service for years. I recently needed to repair the installation and now starting as a service doesn't work.

I'm using a local user with a password.

in Blue Iris Service Properties >> Log On, neither the local user option or the name/password option works.

How would I fix this?
YrbkMgr

Re: Can no longer start as a service

Post by YrbkMgr »

Go to Global settings -> Startup tab -> enable Always run as service. You will need to enter your windows logon UN/PW the first time you enable it. That would be the info you use to log in to Window.
BI Startup Service 1.jpg
BI Startup Service 1.jpg (55.96 KiB) Viewed 1527 times
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
pqRec

Post by pqRec »

Have you changed the password? If you have, right click the start button > computer mgmt > services & applications > services > blue iris service > log on > update the password.

Is your Windows device domain joined or standalone (Workgroup)?

If domain joined and/or in an enterprise, run a gpresult /h gp.html to see the group policies applied to the BI5 computer. A domain administrator may have modified GPO settings without going through change control.

If domain joined, blur out any identifiable information, or if you're unsure, send via a PM and I'll help identify the cause.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

All self help articles Search this list for the word "service"
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.