5.5.5.11 only sending 2 images to DeepStack

pqRec

5.5.5.11 only sending 2 images to DeepStack

Post by pqRec »

I'm using the January 2022 CPU build of Deepstack and finding BI5 has different behavior between 5.5.4.5 and 5.5.5.11.

Lately I've been noticing DS not picking up many events.

I have BI5 configured to send 8 images, 1 second apart to DS for analysis.

5.5.4.5 appears to send all 8 images at the right interval:
DS 5.5.4.5.PNG
DS 5.5.4.5.PNG (29.72 KiB) Viewed 1463 times
But when I upgrade to 5.5.5.11 it only sends 2 images:
DS 5.5.5.11.PNG
DS 5.5.5.11.PNG (10.64 KiB) Viewed 1463 times
I'm trying to determine if it's an issue at my end of a BI5 bug. The behavior is repeatable when upgrading/downgrading between those two versions. The time indicated of T+1752028870 milliseconds is 486 hours so it's not a timezone bug.

is anyone else experiencing this behavior?
lightmaster

Re: 5.5.5.11 only sending 2 images to DeepStack

Post by lightmaster »

With version 5.5.5.11, I am also seeing only 2 images being sent to DeepStack regardless of the number of images I tell it to send. Downloading version 5.5.4.5 right now to see if it was working then. I installed Blue Iris for the first time last week, and this would explain why I've had such a hard time getting DeepStack to detect correctly.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

There have been reports of erratic behavior with every update after 5.5.4.5 and I am not going to update until the next stable release. Unless there's a compelling reason, I advise beginner level folks do the same. In your case, I'd roll back to the previous version and prove that it goes away. Then submit a customer support request with the same subject you did here, let them know that it works in 5.5.4.5 but not in 5.5.5.11. Then include a link to your forum topic for background.

That's the best way to make sure it gets passed to engineering.
PSA:
When writing for support, you must include basic software and license details. For your convenience you will find an Email support button on this page. This button will copy important information to the Windows clipboard. In order to make use of this information, you must them open an email to send to support@blueirissoftware.com. Please make the subject descriptive in order to prevent our mail server from combing it with others of the same subject. In the BODY of the message (not the subject), use the Windows PASTE command (control-V) to insert your support information at the beginning of your message.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
pqRec

Post by pqRec »

YrbkMgr wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:43 pm There have been reports of erratic behavior with every update after 5.5.4.5 and I am not going to update until the next stable release. Unless there's a compelling reason, I advise beginner level folks do the same.
Agreed x100000 for systems that depend on stability, consistency and reliability. New users should not be installing Beta builds.

In saying that, with a given development budget, it's a 3/4/5+ dimensional graph between achieving maximum income now, long term, trust, dealing with competitors, sales vs alienating potential future customers and so much more. Large business have dedicated departments to analyze and report on this. If fewer people test beta releases, feature updates would be measurably slower but new customer satisfaction may increase. More features might also attract more sales but reliability might impact word of mouth and reviews. Striking the balance is extraordinarily difficult, judging by the grey hair content of people who do this full time scares me.

BI5 makes it VERY easy to install a Beta build and possibly experience issues. Without intimately knowing the company's internal structure, plans and goals, it's not really possible to say if it's too easy or not easy enough. In my experience, upgrading and downgrading is very reliable.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

For me personally, the value that the software brings to me far outweighs any hiccups. The developer is involved, listens, accommodates user requests, and communicates personally. I get a lot of mileage out of BI software - in fact, I get more value from them than they do me. Just how I see it in the scheme of things.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
pqRec

Post by pqRec »

Same here. I wish the devs every success, the software is brilliant. I was happy to pay for 5.5.4.5 and consider it a bargain, I'll continue for my 1 year period to update and provide bug reports when I can.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Right on...
JPman

Post by JPman »

Hello to all,

I had the same issue and reverting to version 5.5.5.10 solved it.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

You rock for posting the update!