BI 5 Feature suggestion thread

MikeBwca

Re: BI 5 Feature suggestion thread

Post by MikeBwca »

HeneryH wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:16 pm That sounds complex and might be a good candidate for that open source side-package that does some machine learning. I've been interested in that integration but haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

It is the motion of the shadows that has always killed me. BI isn't smart enough yet to distinguish the shadow motion from the object motion.

Zone crossing triggers have had some success with my scenario. I make the shadow movement be within one zone then they are ignored with triggers only when something crosses out or into that zone.

In 'Motion Sensor', there is an option called 'Cancel Shadows'. It's depreciated, and will be removed at some future point.
I've used it, and it does work... to a point.

What I've done instead, is to use Zone triggering, putting the two zones farther apart, where one, or both) of the zones will not get the shadow movement in them. I connect both zones using a third zone. Works very well.

If you woudl like to further this discussion, please make a separate topic.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

My first thought was zones, but the OP said:
I made the request because I have a situation where I am using the "area of interest" feature in BI. I am so zoomed into a small area looking through a tree, its leaves and branches that DS cannot make anything out of it. The only way to detect is motion... If the tree, leaves and branches could be excluded, especially when the wind blows, it would greatly lessen the problem with detecting motion.
If you have to look through trees and sense only motion beyond the tree... I can't noodle out a way to make zones work...
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
gasahold

Post by gasahold »

YrbkMgr wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:27 am My first thought was zones, but the OP said:
I made the request because I have a situation where I am using the "area of interest" feature in BI. I am so zoomed into a small area looking through a tree, its leaves and branches that DS cannot make anything out of it. The only way to detect is motion... If the tree, leaves and branches could be excluded, especially when the wind blows, it would greatly lessen the problem with detecting motion.
If you have to look through trees and sense only motion beyond the tree... I can't noodle out a way to make zones work...
Yep. When the wind is blowing pretty hard they travel quite a distance when you are zoomed way in. Their movement is mostly back and forth whereas human/other movement can be up and down and they don't move with the tree leaves and branches in the same way...
EpicLPer

Post by EpicLPer »

YrbkMgr wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:07 pm
EpicLPer wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:07 am Feature Request:

Record both Continuous and Triggered video for the same camera.
This way you can record continuous files into "New" for, as example, 7 days and later only move Triggered files to "Stored". Saves a lot of storage.
The current way is to clone the camera and set one up for continuous and the other for triggered only. But that also requires double the CPU power.
Maybe I don't understand the request, but isn't this what you're looking for?
BI Record Tab 1.jpg
That would still move both Continuous and Triggered material to Stored once the threshold is reached, if I see this correctly? My approach would be to only move Triggered footage to Stored, keep that for a year and delete Continuous after 2 or so weeks.
unj

Post by unj »

My feature request concerns the Windows store app Blue Iris Companion. I just got a new PC in my house, and BI will continue to run on the previous PC as a server of sorts. I just downloaded the BIC-app and it runs fine. I would just like it to be able to fill the appscreen with one of the camera-scenarios available, instead of having all the GUI (marked with red) taking up precious screen space.Image
Attachments
BIC_Screenshot.jpg
BIC_Screenshot.jpg (65.59 KiB) Viewed 71075 times
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi unj,

BIC looks like a third party program, so you would have to contact the author with your suggestion. I use UI3 on networked pc's. Is there any reason you think BIC is more suitable for you ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.