REO Link and Blue Iris 5

General discussion about Blue Iris
cjcam

REO Link and Blue Iris 5

Post by cjcam »

Hi,
I am at a complete loss. I ordered the recommended blue iris compatible REO Link cam.

The camera is easily viewed via the REO Link software but blue iris will not detect it and do any configuration. Based on basic research I set the ONVIF port to 8000 and pasted in the IP from the network settings in Reo Link Client. What am I missing?

I have already created a new unique user for the cam so blue iris can login. Do I need to enable anything? MAC address, UnPnp? DDNS? what am I missing?! Really hope I don't have to bag blue iris and move to a paid solution. Now ONVIF Device Manager can't even connect to the camera?
TimG

Re: REO Link and Blue Iris 5

Post by TimG »

There are plenty of people here who use Reo link cams, so I hope somebody can help. I don't understand the "move to a paid solution" though. BI5 costs me ££'s every year :!:

It's a bit worrying that Onvif Manager can't find it either.

Now where are the Reo link users ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

Could you tell us what model number is of Reolink camera?
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
cjcam

Post by cjcam »

Its RLC 410W
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

Are you sure that you've identified the correct IP the camera is on? If the IP is correct then it's troubling that it can't be found through ONVIF.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
SolarEclipse

Post by SolarEclipse »

I'm using a RLC 410W as well with no issue.
I believe when I set it up a couple years ago I just used the defaults and provided my own user credentials that I setup on the camera via its built-in interface. Here's the Video config for the camera if that at all helps.
Reo-410W.png
Reo-410W.png (39.96 KiB) Viewed 4382 times
mjcril

Post by mjcril »

What you could do, is leave the IP address field empty and search. There, when the IP field opens, it should provide a list of IP address. These IP addresses correspond to the cameras that your computer can see on the network. Also, what kind of switch/router are you using. I believe the 410's are POE, as well.