Recover login info user/password

General discussion about Blue Iris
enem178

Recover login info user/password

Post by enem178 »

Good afternoon everyone, sorry my 1st post is a question. I did a search before posting and found nothing. I also reached out to blue iris support and haven't heard back from them yet so I'm here. I'm in the process of setting up remote access to my blue iris server and during the process I realized I've forgotten my login info. I'm still logged on in the main server so I was able to change my lockout settings but I still need to recover that info to finish the remote setup...does anyone know how? Thanks in advance!
YrbkMgr

Re: Recover login info user/password

Post by YrbkMgr »

enem178 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:03 pm I'm in the process of setting up remote access to my blue iris server and during the process I realized I've forgotten my login info.
Just to be clear, do you mean login info for your camera(s)? If that's the case, there are at least a couple of ways to retrieve the info depending on your situation. When *I* access my camera in a browser using the LAN address of the camera, my browser saves the UN/PW - if you've done that in the past, then your browser should populate the fields... or at least you should be able to view your browser passwords and see if it's there. If it's not stored due to your browser, then the only thing I can think of is a rest of the camera so that it uses the factory default UN/PW.

FWIW, I access my camera from several different browsers and each have the camera info stored... just in case.

If you are talking about different login info, elaborate.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
enem178

Post by enem178 »

Thanks for the advice...however I'm referring to the actual login for the blue iris software. I'm currently logged in on the main server but if I were to accidentally be logged out I don't remember my user name/Password.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Are you referring to the password set on the Startup tab from the program settings window?

BI Startup Tab - Password_edit.JPG
BI Startup Tab - Password_edit.JPG (79.47 KiB) Viewed 8934 times
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
enem178

Post by enem178 »

Yes! I set it up once when I first activated the software and haven't had to log in since then. Now that I'm setting up remote viewing, I need the login info.
enem178

Post by enem178 »

YrbkMgr wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:24 am Are you referring to the password set on the Startup tab from the program settings window?

Thanks so much for your help! I'm in now....
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

People helping people... powerful stuff. (Wedding Crashers - 2005 reference)
enem178

Post by enem178 »

YrbkMgr wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:02 pm People helping people... powerful stuff. (Wedding Crashers - 2005 reference)
Sure is!
red99oak

Post by red99oak »

BI Startup Tab - Password_edit.JPG (79.47 KiB) Viewed 4459 times

This will not open for me. I need the answer too. Thanks
TimG

Post by TimG »

Those images were lost in the great forum crash of 2023. Such a waste :cry:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.