Android app just stopped conecting

Zazzzz

Android app just stopped conecting

Post by Zazzzz »

I have used this app and BI4 for a few years, had a 4-year pause and I just bought three HIK DS-2CD2T cameras and though BI5 would do well so i bough it. I set it all up yesterday, easy and all good and the app worked well at a restaurant a few kilometers from the office. But this morning, me on the bus to the airport for a short vacation, the app just refused to connect all of a sudden. Aborted my trip and went back to my office and found that windows had "froze" (a brand new and clean W11 installation on an, for BI only, old but cleaned up i7-6700K/GTX1060/32MB/M.2) Restarted it again but the app still refuses to connect via WAN but works fine via LAN, same for the browsers...

My office has a fixed IP address since 3 years ago. Both a IPv4 and 6, but using the IPv4 for BI. I have forgotten the PW to the router, and it is holidays here and I cant get it now. The wizard show green checkmarks up till uPnP. Do I really need to set this up in the router? I mean, it all worked just fine yesterday.

Any suggestions?
Last edited by Zazzzz on Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HeneryH

Re: Android app just stopped conecting

Post by HeneryH »

Does the browser on your phone connect to BI?
Zazzzz

Post by Zazzzz »

HeneryH wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:15 pm Does the browser on your phone connect to BI?
Only locally but not externally
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

So the problem has nothing to do with the Android App.
TimG

Post by TimG »

OP: Just to be clear, HeneryH is asking if UI3 in a browser on your mobile device can view your BI5 server using the WAN, not the BI app.

If you already answered that, then the next place to look is the router or even firewall rules.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Zazzzz

Post by Zazzzz »

TimG wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:12 pm OP: Just to be clear, HeneryH is asking if UI3 in a browser on your mobile device can view your BI5 server using the WAN, not the BI app.

If you already answered that, then the next place to look is the router or even firewall rules.
UI3 in any browser works only on the LAN IP, but mot the WAN.

But i solved it easily with ZeroTier on recommendation from a YouTube video. 8-)
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

That is the classic inbound-connection dilemma that all users face. Unrelated to Android or IOS.
There are various solutions, glad you found one that works for you.
Zazzzz

Post by Zazzzz »

Thanks for your help anyway. Highly appreciated.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Zerotier opens up a few other programs from your LAN to your mobile device, as they now all appear to be on a local LAN.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.