Older Version Downloads?

HeneryH

Re: Older Version Downloads?

Post by HeneryH »

IAmATeaf wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:12 am
HeneryH wrote:
Marcellus wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:50 pm It's frustrating when purchasing a product doesn't guarantee access to updates or support without additional fees. Transparency and customer satisfaction should be priorities to avoid feeling misled or exploited.
What is infuriating to developers is when customers demand lifetime access to the developer's talents and resources without paying a penny.
I personally don’t view being able to download a particular version of the product especially given the licensing model access to developers talents!

Maybe they are accessing their resources in terms of the websites but that is a public facing website so there must be a myriad of people accessing the “resource” who don’t even own BI.
Marcellus literally wanted updates and support too.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

HeneryH wrote:
IAmATeaf wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:12 am
HeneryH wrote: What is infuriating to developers is when customers demand lifetime access to the developer's talents and resources without paying a penny.
I personally don’t view being able to download a particular version of the product especially given the licensing model access to developers talents!

Maybe they are accessing their resources in terms of the websites but that is a public facing website so there must be a myriad of people accessing the “resource” who don’t even own BI.
Marcellus literally wanted updates and support too.
Looks like I overlooked that post and I can’t see the post except in your quote.

Yes, agree with your lifetime support comment, everything has a best before support date Image
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Last edited by MikeBwca on Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Did you mention backups ? The secret of my success 8-)

As for:
Looks like I overlooked that post and I can’t see the post except in your quote.
That is because he was a spammer and he suffered the usual fate as soon as identified as such :|
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.