Intermittent motion detection issues

wogfun

Intermittent motion detection issues

Post by wogfun »

I have had an AI person alert up and running on my front door camera for probably two years now. It has always been very reliable, and is used to trigger an audio notification via Hubitat. I am only recently noticing, probably the past few weeks, that many alerts are being missed. No motion trigger in the logs, and as a result no AI detection. Nothing has been changed in my configuration, and all my other cameras (which are only set to regular motion detection, no AI) seem to be reporting all motion correctly. I do not know where to even begin?
wogfun

Re: Intermittent motion detection issues

Post by wogfun »

Here is a screenshot from the most recent example. I have highlighted two other cameras that pick up the motion, and the one camera that does not. However a few hours ago I have an example of this working as intended. Something is stopping the front door camera from running motion detection randomly.

The two yellow circles show the motion box around the person walking, and the red circle shows the lack of motion detection.

....I can't just upload a screenshot here? I guess just imagine the WebUI playback screen set to showing the motion squares around people, and two cameras show it, but one doesn't. And as said, I can go back a few hours and show all three cameras showing the motion.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Yes you can upload an image. When you are writing, look beneath the window for "Attachments" and click it. Now click on "Add files" but note the maximum size limit. If the cursor is in the right place in the writing window, click "Place inline".

Screenshot 2024-02-21 184149.png
Screenshot 2024-02-21 184149.png (33.27 KiB) Viewed 303 times
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
wogfun

Post by wogfun »

To anyone curious, I think i figured out what's going on. Somehow my trigger masking got reversed, so it sometimes worked when there was movement outside the intended masking area while people walked through the area I was trying to monitor. When there was no motion outside of the intended area, there was no motion detected to trigger the AI.
wogfun

Post by wogfun »

This does remind me of something I have been trying to figure out though... Is there any way when using motion trigger masking to only pass through the unmasked portion of the image to the AI for filtering?

For instance, if I'm trying to monitor when a person walks onto my property from the street, I can mask the street so it doesn't trigger motion, but if somehow motion does inadvertently get triggered, the AI still scans the masked out portion of the street looking for persons.

The use case is, I'm using person detection to trigger spotlights on my property. If people walk by on the sidewalk nothing should happen, once a person walks onto the property the lights should turn on.
TimG

Post by TimG »

I think a cloned camera and setting an area of interest would do that. I use it for ALPR.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.