Newbie switching from DeepStack to CodeProject AI

rustyhill

Newbie switching from DeepStack to CodeProject AI

Post by rustyhill »

Hi

I'm running a full version of BI 5.8.6.4 x64 and have switched - or am trying too! - to CodeProjectAI, mainly as development of DeepStack seems to have slowed down/stopped.

The problem I have is that I've installed CPAI and it seems to have installed OK, but nothing is being detected.

So, is there an idiot guide (I found a few on the 'net but they refer to older versions of BI and the screen grabs don't match the current one) for integration CPAI with BI?

And also, where is the best log (any log) to show what CPAI is doing? I can see the web based Status & Server logs fine but after the installation they don't show anything new?

Thanks.

R.
louyo

Re: Newbie switching from DeepStack to CodeProject AI

Post by louyo »

The codeproject.com site has some tutorial stuff, they are the creators.
To begin, I would go to the BI settings AI page and click on the link to the CPAI Web interface. You can see logs there. To test, open the explorer (link is on the first page) and do some tests on their sample photos and some jpegs from your BI captures.
Attachments
testcpai.PNG
testcpai.PNG (163.07 KiB) Viewed 348 times
rustyhill

Post by rustyhill »

Thanks - I'll try that. & revert.
TimG

Post by TimG »

And also, where is the best log (any log) to show what CPAI is doing? I can see the web based Status & Server logs fine but after the installation they don't show anything new?
To show what BI5 and CPAI are doing together, you need the DAT files. Enable "Save AI analysis details" for the required camera. When you next get a confirmed AI Alert, there will be a DAT file. If you have your screen set up to show Alerts, you can hold down Ctrl, and double click the required video to see the DAT file. Note that they are for testing, and they fill up your Alert folder. Turn them off and delete them if there are too many.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
rustyhill

Post by rustyhill »

Thanks - I'll try that.