Camera...General....NO VIDEO STREAM

teamnewb

Re: Camera...General....NO VIDEO STREAM

Post by teamnewb »

I am also having this problem, just finding out that 30+ of my Hikvision cameras are not recording anymore, sine maybe Jan 22. At least one of the models is a DS-2CD2185FWD-I. I have other setups that are very similar, (OS, BI version, hardware, camera, & network) but have not had these issues.

The cameras have not had any firmware updates or any other changes. No AI use only motion detection. I've tried changing Hardware acceleration on and off, "limit decoding unless required", adding and removing the substream, changing FPS, I-frame interval, the make&model between Generic & the matching HikVision selection, "skip reachability tests"... frankly, I've done too much for a setup that was working fine previously.
EDIT: Just adding that there are also IQEye cameras in this instance that do still currently work and record.

I'm now considering trying to revert back a version to see if its a Blue Iris bug or something. Currently 5.8.4.5.
EDIT: Going back to 5.8.3.3 has fixed my issue.

EDIT2: It seems I do have 1-2 cameras on a few of my other recording servers that have the same issue. Odd that it isn't as widespread as the initial one I found, but they're there. Later today I'm going to try and upgrade instead of downgrade, just in case, and report back. As far as I can tell, there doesn't seem to be any config differences between the working and non-working ones, but I haven't explored every setting due to time.

EDIT3: One of my servers had only 1 camera acting up, and after updating(to 5.8.5.5) instead of downgrading, it is working. All the release notes say is "Video AOI and anamorphic improvements. Other minor enhancements and bug fixes", but once I start doing the other servers we'll see.
TimG

Post by TimG »

The other recent change to BI5 was to the watchdog. If you have audio enabled in BI5 for a camera with no audio, it will keep stopping. If this is true, just disable audio in BI5 camera settings. We have seen quite a few of these :?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
teamnewb

Post by teamnewb »

Ah yes, for the servers I had not changed any versions for yet I changed the camera settings to disable the audio (we don't use it anyway) and it seems to be working now. Thanks for the lead. Audio wasn't even a setting I had checked since I had assumed it was disabled anyway.

Now I'm wishing for a bulk edit option, as I'll probably need to go through quite a few cameras, but at least its quick.
ParagonSolutions

Post by ParagonSolutions »

I had this same issue along with some freezing and lag while watching cameras full screen; downgraded to 5.8.2.5 and all is well.
bi555

Post by bi555 »

Pogo wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:47 pm
db3520 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:43 pm no help from find inspect.......but camera is working and still recording motion events.......i disabled codeproject because i have too many issues with working properly
All bets are off with Code Project.

Good luck.
This has nothing to do with codeproject...why would you even think so? CPAI works perfectly for me on 4 systems. I love it.
TimG

Post by TimG »

This has nothing to do with codeproject...why would you even think so?
Part of fault finding is to remove any complications to see if the fault persists. It was a valid move, especially with a Beta add on from a third party.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
db3520

Post by db3520 »

hello everyone

I decided to rebuild everything clean.........uninstall it all and run ccleaner to clear registry.....also remove the blue iris folders in C:/program files and also check show hidden files and then delete :/program data/blue iris folder

after reinstalling everything and now using deepstack because i was having to many weird things not working correctly with codeproject I am now happy to say that all is running perfect.

I am guessing there was some sort of corruption somewhere.

Hope this helps others when things just dont make sense.....give this a try