NVR to Blue Iris vs 5

davebraun

NVR to Blue Iris vs 5

Post by davebraun »

we have an HIK Vision NVR with two IP cameras attached. support is none existent with HIK so we need to replace. we need to be able to connect the cameras through the NVR to our Blue Iris vs 5 server. are there any recommendation out there on a setup for this configuration? the NVR provides HDMI output to a Monitor at a distant location without the need for a computer/browser
YrbkMgr

Re: NVR to Blue Iris vs 5

Post by YrbkMgr »

See if this doesn't help... NVR Connector
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
davebraun

Post by davebraun »

This is where I started. lots of good information here; however, the bottom line is to reach out to the vendor for the RSTF path. HIKvision USA doesn't recognize the product of ours and sends us to China, which is of no help unless you speak or read the language. thus we are looking for a USA counterpart. the model listed in this article does not support the IP cameras we have and hoped to use.

i guess i would say we are looking for anyone with a working model out there that is similar to the layout we need. would like to know if anyone else has a product that is working this way, what make, or model

thanks
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Wait a minute... top third of that link I posted says:
Below is an example of connecting a Hikvision NVR
So connecting camera 2 from the Hikvision NVR would need the following settings: main stream = 201, sub stream = 202.
Same IP address, username and password.
Did you try using any of the settings there?

Then later...
Looks like NVRs are now starting to support ONVIF! This example is from a Hikvision DS-7216HUHI-K2, a vendor known for delivering great ONVIF support.
TimG

Post by TimG »

I agree with YrbkMgr.

Even if you can't find the direct camera settings for BI5, you may well be able to access them via the existing NVR. Both cameras from the nvr IP.

As usual, some experimentation may be required. And if you make it work, please post how you did it back here for the next person who asks the question.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.