Blue Iris self-disabling HA randomly and CPU spikes

General discussion about Blue Iris
aukipc

Blue Iris self-disabling HA randomly and CPU spikes

Post by aukipc »

Afternoon all,

I have an occassional and seemingly random issue where I get logs like:

14/03/2022 14:55:55 CAM1: Signal: restored (8)

14/03/2022 14:55:49 CAM1: FORCE quitting pXServer thread (1)

14/03/2022 14:CAM1: FORCE quitting CGadSocket thread 189 300 -1 (0)

Followed by a few no signals and a massive spike in CPU usage.

When I open BI I find that all the cameras now have HA disabled (normally set to Intel+VPP), which causes the huge CPU spike and no signals as the machine throttles BI now it has no HA and relies fully on the CPU.

The machine is an i3-9100 on H310M mobo with 8GB ram using onboard Intel graphics.

The CPU usually sits at 40% and video processor at 20% when everything is running in specification.

I've checked the event log and I can't see anything really indicative of any issues that could cause this.

Any ideas on what could cause this?
YrbkMgr

Re: Blue Iris self-disabling HA randomly and CPU spikes

Post by YrbkMgr »

There's a publication in the self help documentation discussing this very thing -> Status Log Errors - GPU. Also there's a Troubleshooting Toolkit that may be helpful.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
aukipc

Re: Blue Iris self-disabling HA randomly and CPU spikes

Post by aukipc »

YrbkMgr wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:42 am There's a publication in the self help documentation discussing this very thing -> Status Log Errors - GPU. Also there's a Troubleshooting Toolkit that may be helpful.
Ah I feel like a dummy, I totally missed that part of the guide.

I was also being far too confident in my setup, I assumed my graphics drivers were up to date and sort of discounted the graphics drivers as an issue, since I thought Windows Update would keep the Intel HD Graphics drivers at the latest versions but upon checking with Intel I updated from v26 (2020) to v30 (2022) - I'll see how it runs now.

Thanks for the response.