Question about the allowed networks setting

Sparks

Re: Question about the allowed networks setting

Post by Sparks »

Thank you both for the rich discussion. As @YrbkMgr mentioned de-selecting LAN Only does indeed work. So for my understanding will deselecting the LAN Only option effect my attack plain ?

@pqRec thanks for the link.

Can either of you point me to a port scanner that you would not hesitate to use ?
pqRec

Post by pqRec »

netcat on linux if you want to really get into it or angry ip scanner on windows for a pretty interface.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Sparks wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:36 am Thank you both for the rich discussion. As @YrbkMgr mentioned de-selecting LAN Only does indeed work. So for my understanding will deselecting the LAN Only option effect my attack plain ?
Uncheck LAN access only, and put the external IP address into the list of IP's granted authentication. The web server authentication limits who can access the server, regardless of LAN/WAN origin. I have functionally disabled all WAN access by only allowing addresses on my LAN using +192.168.1.*
Can either of you point me to a port scanner that you would not hesitate to use ?
Yes. Advanced IP Scanner. Advanced IP Scanner is compliant with Microsoft's highest security standards. The download allows you to install it or run it as a portable app. I use the latter.
Advanced IP Scanner Run Portable 1.jpg
Advanced IP Scanner Run Portable 1.jpg (36.77 KiB) Viewed 756 times
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

As it happens, I just came across this article that might be of interest. Remote access - User & Mobile device permissions