Configuring ONVIF Trigger from Reolink

ctuinstra

Configuring ONVIF Trigger from Reolink

Post by ctuinstra »

I'm new to all of this but have learned a lot very quickly. I've got everything set up the best I know how. I've been testing the motion sensor and it's configuration in BI and now I want to try using the Reolink RLC-810A and RLC-811A motion detection to send ONVIF triggers. I cannot seem to get it to ever trigger.

I set up one camera with BI motion and then cloned the camera and set the other one with Motion sensor off and turned on Camera's digital input or motion alarm on assuming this would then use the cameras trigger. This way I could compare the two settings with the exact same event. I know the Reolink is triggering using it's own Push and Email built-in settings.

I have the following set:
Make: Generic/ONVIF
Model: *RTSP H2.64....
ONVIF port 8000
Get ONVIF trigger events checked

Any help? Thanks!
ctuinstra

Re: Configuring ONVIF Trigger from Reolink

Post by ctuinstra »

Now I'm getting alerts, but not from motion but from some interruption of the audio/video stream. I have the 810 and 811 and both are causing alerts almost exactly 30 seconds apart and it's happened twice now exactly 10 minutes apart. Weird!
ctuinstra

Post by ctuinstra »

As far as the 10 minute issue, I've contacted Reolink and I'm working with them. It's very consistent, every 10 minutes for each camera. I downgraded the firmware for the 810 and it stopped doing it. Then I upgraded it back to the most recent and continues to work without issues. The 811 hasn't been touched and is still doing it all the time. I'm going to re-flash it with the most current firmware and if that doesn't help, I will downgrade it and then bring it back up to see if that will help with this camera also.

Then I can work on getting the ONVIF trigger to work. Instructions are to also enable the Motion Sensor in BI, but that just causes BI to do the motion sensing and not solely relying on the camera. Do I understand this incorrectly?
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hiya,
Instructions are to also enable the Motion Sensor in BI, but that just causes BI to do the motion sensing and not solely relying on the camera.
Correct as I understand it. Turn it off in BI5 and just use the cameras Onvif trigger. I did this for a while on a second BI5 installation on the same LAN to see the difference in triggered events. One BI5 doing motion detection only, the other using Onvif triggers only. The results were that they both missed something that the other one caught. Ho hum :!:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
blueiris_rookie

Post by blueiris_rookie »

ctuinstra,
aside from the strange 10 minute thing that you are debugging, can you confirm if you are able to have Reolink AI triggers (person,vehicle) alerts go the BI software via ONVIF? I'm specifically trying to figure out how to get camera only send "smart" triggers and not trigger on all the general camera motion triggers (since camera already knows how to ignore motion like trees blowing in wind), in order to lower BI overhead. I have snooped with ODM tool and i found all the camera alert traffic seems independent of general motion trigger vs person vs vehicle.

https://blueirissoftware.com/forum/view ... d175be67c3