Gmail

General discussion about Blue Iris
papounet71

Gmail

Post by papounet71 »

Hello

Could someone help me solve this problem. When I go to Email-Setting of Blue Iris Tools and enter my gmail details here is the message I have

Thank you
Attachments
Sans titre-2.jpg
Sans titre-2.jpg (42.35 KiB) Viewed 3626 times
TimG

Re: Gmail

Post by TimG »

Hi again,

Blue Iris Tools is not written by blueirisoftware.com and I think it comes from ipcamtalk - but I don't use it. The message is telling you it cannot be sent to the SMTP server as it is not available. I think you may need ipcamtalk to sort it out.

As we used to say sur la navette sous la manche, "Merde" !

You may find it better to add your original French text, as the translations are not perfect :!:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

TimG wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:35 pm Hi again,

Blue Iris Tools is not written by blueirisoftware.com and I think it comes from ipcamtalk - but I don't use it. The message is telling you it cannot be sent to the SMTP server as it is not available. I think you may need ipcamtalk to sort it out.

As we used to say sur la navette sous la manche, "Merde" !

You may find it better to add your original French text, as the translations are not perfect :!:
Right on Tim, I speak French too and suggested the same about posting in French. GMTA. I don't use Blue Iris Tools either....
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
papounet71

Post by papounet71 »

Hello
I try to configure blue iris to receive alert mails on my mailbox, but when I faint test this message appears: Proceeding
Connected
Error with user authentication;Server says: 534-5.7.9 Application-specific password required. Learn more at
534 5.7.9 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=InvalidSecondFactor a1sm7219074wru.113 - gsmtp

Merci pour vos reponses
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

Another non BI Tools user here

You need to relax the security on the gmail account, it should be somewhere in the settings for the account.
atreyu

Post by atreyu »

Gmail has recently stepped up security requirements to use their service on 3rd party platforms. I suspect that's the reason.

You need to do:
Server: smtp.gmail.com
Port: 465
Connection security: SSL/TLS
Authentication Method: OAuth2
Then your username/password credentials.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

I think gmail now uses service accounts to allow automated process access to your account.

https://support.google.com/a/answer/7378726?hl=en
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

HeneryH wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:28 pm I think gmail now uses service accounts to allow automated process access to your account.

https://support.google.com/a/answer/7378726?hl=en
That link says:
This article is for users of our Google Workspace migration and sync products.
I interpret that to mean unless you're using google workspace migration... it doesn't apply. I'm not sayin' I'm right, I'm just sayin' that's how I read it.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

I use that for my personal email account too.