IR lights do not switch automatically any more

Gitmo

IR lights do not switch automatically any more

Post by Gitmo »

Hi all. I am new to Blue Iris but have used other CCTV monitoring software in the past (iCatcher Console). I have connected a Foscam 9900 to Blue Iris and the camera initially switched the infrared lights on and off automatically (as expected) according to the ambient light conditions. I then discovered that I could turn them on and off manually in Blue Iris using the icon near the brightness and contrast icons. Since then they no longer switch automatically. How do I reset the lights to automatic operation again in Blue Iris please.
TimG

Re: IR lights do not switch automatically any more

Post by TimG »

That's an odd one. I thought the BI5 setting could alter the immediate state of the IR lighting, but not affect the on/off timings set by the camera itself (That's how it works here). Have a look at the camera webserver to see if the IR settings have changed from auto to something else. If they have, then I need to read up on Onvif commands :shock:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Gitmo

Post by Gitmo »

Many thanks TimG. I logged onto the camera as you suggested and found that the IR LEDs were now set to Manual. I reset it to 'Auto' and the IR lights came on immediately as the image changed from almost totally dark to a normal IR greyscale (note that the time was 22:30 and there was no light around the camera). I then went to the Blue Iris software and clicked the IR icon to 'on'. The camera IR LED's were on already of course but I noted that the setting in the cameras flipped back to manual. Toggling the BI IR icon from then on simply turned the IR on and off but the Camera stayed in 'Manual' mode. I can find no way in BL to command the camera IR LED's to Auto mode. Auto mode switches the IR LED's on and off by monitoring the ambient light level. There is a Scheduled mode in the camera webserver page (ie switch on/off at a specific time) but I dont use this.
Thanks again
Attachments
Foscam9900 IF LTD settings manual.jpg
Foscam9900 IF LTD settings manual.jpg (83.72 KiB) Viewed 3495 times
Foscam9900 IF LTD settings Auto.jpg
Foscam9900 IF LTD settings Auto.jpg (132.45 KiB) Viewed 3495 times
jhankins

Post by jhankins »

IIRC, if you long-press the light bulb icon in the BI desktop app, it sets the light to Auto.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

jhankins wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:40 am IIRC, if you long-press the light bulb icon in the BI desktop app, it sets the light to Auto.
Also, long pressing the IR button in BI will turn it a very faint Yellow. It's faint and hard to see against the grey background..
TimG

Post by TimG »

Crikey, I can't find THAT in the help file :shock:
Forum Moderator.
Gitmo

Post by Gitmo »

jhankins wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:40 am IIRC, if you long-press the light bulb icon in the BI desktop app, it sets the light to Auto.
Loooong Presssss!! Doh! Many thanks jhankins. Very helpful and appreciated. I'll try it.
Gitmo

Post by Gitmo »

TimG wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:17 am Crikey, I can't find THAT in the help file :shock:
MikeBwca wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:18 am
Also, long pressing the IR button in BI will turn it a very faint Yellow. It's faint and hard to see against the grey background..
Good to know MikeBwca. Thanks.
TimG wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:17 am Crikey, I can't find THAT in the help file :shock:
FWIW TimG, I couldn't either. :o
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Search the help file for 'IR LED', page 37.
TimG

Post by TimG »

He's good ! Found it.
Forum Moderator.