UI3 shows camera labels even when they are disabled in 5.5.x

dodgeboy

UI3 shows camera labels even when they are disabled in 5.5.x

Post by dodgeboy »

After upgrading to 5.5.x (from 5.4.9.18), my web camera layout shows a colored banner at the top of each camera. In the UI settings I have camera labels disabled. If I enable them, I get *another* camera label underneath each of the camera title bars. If I downgrade back to 5.4.9.18 or earlier, the labels go away. I really don't want these labels on my cameras, as it really messes up the look of my camera dashboard. Is there a way to turn them off in 5.5? I've noticed this in every build of 5.5.x that I've tried.
adcurtin

Re: UI3 shows camera labels even when they are disabled in 5.5.x

Post by adcurtin »

in the web ui, when viewing a group (it can be "all cameras"), right click on the pane of camera feeds, and choose "group settings"

you can then change the options for camera names, camera borders, and disabled cameras, to get back the old look.
dodgeboy

Re: UI3 shows camera labels even when they are disabled in 5.5.x

Post by dodgeboy »

Thank you! This (sort of) solved my problem. The issue I have is that this setting appears to be local to each viewing device/browser. My camera feeds are displayed on some home automation displays where I can't right-click. I wish there was a way to change this setting on the server side, so it affected all clients.