Stored Video disappeared on two seperate systems

Hockeyfreak

Stored Video disappeared on two seperate systems

Post by Hockeyfreak »

I have a system at my home and one at my work. On 10/24/23 at different times both computers dumped all stored video. These are pretty much running unattended, and nobody messes with the computers. I had to pull the video for an incident from a week ago and went in there and nothing was there past 1030am. I figured the hard drive may be crashing or something, and was going to monitor it, but I came home and checked my system at home and there was no video there earlier than 10/24 at 2 pm. Both of these store 10TB worth of video typically. There's no explanation that I can find. Has this happened to anyone else??
TimG

Re: Stored Video disappeared on two seperate systems

Post by TimG »

The closest I had to that was noting no ALERTS past one day when checking in BI5. I had a look and the video clip files going back weeks were there in the Stored folders, so I was able to view older video via Clips.

That turned out to be because the Alerts folder was set to a maximum of 1GB, and it was full of DAT files from AI checking every camera trigger. I turned that off on each camera and deleted all of the DAT files, and normality was restored. I later increased the size of Alerts to 3GB. [Rebuild database]

It is worth setting BI5 to record a text log file to desktop. It only makes one a month, and it shows everything in chronological order unlike the built in log which tries to show how many times something has occured. That will tell you what BI5 is doing.

So, do your files exist, or was Stored empty too ? Anything in AV logs or quarantine ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

There have been reports of people who are running the latest 5.8.0.6 and above losing recordings.

What version of BI do you run? If you do have auto updates enabled I’d seriously consider disabling this so that you stick to a known good stable release and then manually update as and when you want to.
Hockeyfreak

Post by Hockeyfreak »

Sorry, been out of pocket for a while. I have removed the storage drives from my pool, reformated them, and chkdsk them, and they seem to have no errors. It seems to have worked on one system, and the other is my home with DrivePool running for years without issue, and I'm going to remove the Storage drive from the pool and just run it as a stand-alone drive and see if that fixes it. I guess it's coincidental it happened to both systems at once.

I'm running the most current BI with updates.
Hockeyfreak

Post by Hockeyfreak »

One more oddity I'm having that may or may not be related. A couple of cameras will be recording fine, then suddenly record 0 or 1 second clip (that's not viewable and doesn't appear in the folder) then continue on. I added a pic of one of the cameras here. Hope it uploads.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AhS3erz8yfLNmJ9oVs5 ... g?e=0COIav