Frustration over friends refusal to backup...

General discussion about Blue Iris
MikeBwca

Frustration over friends refusal to backup...

Post by MikeBwca »

Last year I build an awesome desktop for my friend. All digital... nothing mechanical except for the fans. I even gave him one of my older usb 3 5tb external drives I no longer use.... for backups! And I set him up with AOMEI Backupper configured to backup his ssd's to the external drive. Nice of me, wasn't it?

Time goes on... 6-8 months later...

I asked 'When was the last time you backed up since the first backuos we ran after the desktop was fully configured?
Answer: Never. Too much of a bother.

I told him... Hope you don't have virus/malware or failure... cuzzz... you'll loose EBERYTHING you've done for almost a year.

At that point I had to pause to keep myself from... well... getting really pissed off. I had spent hours on his desktop.
I stopped what we were doing and ran the two backups.

One thing that was horrible to do was to migrate the old 2007 Outlook!
He refuses to use the online Outlook, or Googles Gmail, saying he doesn't want to use a 'Cloud' email! Really! I told him all your doing it taking the email from Microsoft on their 'Cloud' servers, and moving them to your desktops drives. He insisted it safer on his drives. He doesn't get the point, and still doesn't.

Side note: My friend also has the garage change his cars wipper blades with the 'expensive ones' (there netter I guess), because there to hard to replace himself!
IAmATeaf

Re: Frustration over friends refusal to backup...

Post by IAmATeaf »

As I get older I worry less about others especially if they’ve been warned, suggest you adopt this as it does make your life almost stress free

When things do go pear shaped, tell your friend that you will come over, with a cold beer and park yourself there in full view while you sit there and watch.
louyo

Post by louyo »

You can lead a horse to water...
TimG

Post by TimG »

I feel your pain :cry:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.