Statis object detection

General discussion about Blue Iris
MikeBwca

Re: Statis object detection

Post by MikeBwca »

I haven't tested this... but... does it make sense? Or am I way off base?

1. Unzone that area where you park the car from zone A.
2. Define Zone B with that same area you park your car. Either overlap a bit into Zone A or use another zone to overlap A & B.
3. In AI Static Analysis, add the object (your car).
4. Sense 'Exists'
5. Enable only zone B.
6. Low % for Min Conf, so it's always static? Or, High so it's never found? I have no idea.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

lightmaster wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:58 am
Pogo wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:17 am Mask the location of the car's 'static' location. It then becomes a non-issue unless it either exits or approaches the masked area which would presumably trigger the appropriate action for the detected activity.
Masking out an entire area because of an object that's sometimes static there is 100% not the correct approach.
Please alert the masses when AI becomes a 100% correct approach.

The suggested method provided a simple and practical solution that could have been effectively applied to the problem in less time than it took you to type your first sentence.
iku777

Post by iku777 »

I think the solution proposed by Pogo is a workaround (which to be honest I implemented in the meantime because missing some alerts is better at this point than receiving constant false alerts), but I think it would be great if there was a way to leverage than Static object functionality without changing the mask region.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

iku777 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:27 pm I think the solution proposed by Pogo is a workaround....
As was it's intention -- until the next 'stable release' fixes the actual problem, of course! :roll:
TimG

Post by TimG »

I love it when a plan comes together 8-)

And I will keep looking at that Static rule config until it gives up and works :lol:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

iku777 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:27 pm I think it would be great if there was a way to leverage than Static object functionality without changing the mask region.
Can't the mask region be segmented into selected areas without changing the entire region? Looks like only a few pixels would mask the car..., what there is of it to be masked.

This brings up the possibility that the desired static identification functionality may be significantly impaired by both the size of the object and the fact that it is already obscured by both columns in the foreground. Combine that with the relatively small area, the appearance of the car naturally changing over the coarse of the day's lighting and weather effects, perhaps too much is being expected of the feature in this particular instance?