Best night vision

tmoran000

Best night vision

Post by tmoran000 » Mon May 10, 2021 9:45 pm

where can I find the best night vision POE camera? i was looking at the Dahua starlight but cant find a reputable place to purchase. I do not want something with 2 giant spotlights on it like the hikvision I purchased.. any recommendations?
terk

Re: Best night vision

Post by terk » Tue May 11, 2021 12:43 am

I've bought my Dahuas from Andy at EmpireTech for the past 3 years, either via Amazon or by email with paypal. He's very easy to work with and all the cameras have worked flawlessly, even when he orders them specially directly from China they arrive quickly.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH » Tue May 11, 2021 2:13 pm

terk wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:43 am I've bought my Dahuas from Andy at EmpireTech for the past 3 years, either via Amazon or by email with paypal. He's very easy to work with and all the cameras have worked flawlessly, even when he orders them specially directly from China they arrive quickly.
Same here. I've been impressed by the night vision but I have not done a side-by-side with any others to make a scientific comparison.

One thing about Andy though is that IF there are any problems you need to send the camera back for repair which is slightly more challenging than dropping it in a FedEx box with a return label. My only problem was self-induced (water in the connector fried the connector) so you can't knock the camera quality. But it did highlight that returns/repairs are more complex.
TimG

Post by TimG » Sat May 15, 2021 1:04 pm

I had good service and a good price from Andy too. It took around three days to get a Dahua camera to my home in the UK :o

As HeneryH said, the discount needs to be enough that you can ignore the warranty.

I think he gives a discount to the ipscamstalks guys, so it may be worth asking if he will give any discount to members of the official Blue Iris forum.
Last edited by TimG on Sun May 16, 2021 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
BI5 v54904 x64 | Win10 21H1 | Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE, Foscam R2, Ertech 4MP, Neos2, 2 SD cams | BI5:1 i5-3330, 16GB Ram, Multiple SSD and HD, Homeseer 2 HSPhone, TVMosaic | BI5:2 Ryzen 1800X, 16GB Ram, Multiple SSD and HD, Homeseer 4, Emby, DVBViewer.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH » Sat May 15, 2021 7:46 pm

TimG wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:04 pm I think he gives a discount to the ipscamstalks guys, so it may be worth asking if he will give any discount to members of the official Blue Iris forum.
The whole discount to members thing is marketing. Just email him and ask for his best price. He doesn't check memberships or anything.

I'd play dumb and say you bought a bunch of hdw-5331r-z (optical-mechanical zoom but no audio) a while back and ask him what the latest equivalents that has x, y and z features. You can even say there is so much discussion on the forums now that it is hard to know which model.

For me, opto-mechanical zoom was important and audio was partially important.
IAmATeaf

Best night vision

Post by IAmATeaf » Sun May 16, 2021 5:44 pm

I’ve purchased all my cams from Andy, no problems what so ever and as pointed out took around 5 days to the UK which in some respects is quicker than mail internally.

Support might be an issue as in the worst case you’d need to send the cam back to him, touch wood have never had to do this but he is accommodating in that rather than send the entire cam I have seen him only request for example just the eyeball.

Bottom line is, in the UK buying Dahua cams is not cheap and for example the 5442 cams I got from Andy recently just aren’t available in the UK unless the approved seller orders them specially. So I am willing to take the risk on the basis that if I have a problem then hopefully it might only be with 1 cam that I might have to return?
BernieHD

Post by BernieHD » Sun May 30, 2021 3:42 pm

Hi Everyone,
Could anyone provide me with the email address of Andy from Empiretech? Private message would be great as well if one does not want to post the email adress here publicly.
I'm looking forward to feedback!
Best regards
Bernhard
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH » Mon May 31, 2021 2:08 pm

Looks sketchy but this is it
Andy Wang <kingsecurity2014@163.com>