Supported Doorbell Cameras

Baggydog

Re: Supported Doorbell Cameras

Post by Baggydog »

They only sell in unit qty of 100 or more so if you have 99 extras I will take 1 off your hands!
wdc

Post by wdc »

Looks like they sell the $66 version in quantity 1 and the other is available on Amazon for $99. Have you tested yet, @BarretAbney?
hugemongus

Post by hugemongus »

Check out this guy. Was a breeze to install and retained my current analog system chime. Free app to enable 2-way audio when someone presses the doorbell. Also support ONVIF with manufacture setup instructions for BI.

https://www.nellyssecurity.com/nsc-db2- ... -16gb.html
Hockeyfreak

Post by Hockeyfreak »

hugemongus wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:41 am Check out this guy. Was a breeze to install and retained my current analog system chime. Free app to enable 2-way audio when someone presses the doorbell. Also support ONVIF with manufacture setup instructions for BI.

https://www.nellyssecurity.com/nsc-db2- ... -16gb.html
Looks just like my RCA doorbell cam. I'm less than impressed with the function of EZVIZ app and being able to connect up to communicate with people. It does work with BI, but I can't figure out how to use two way audio and good alerts with BI. Any pointers would be great.
TimG

Post by TimG »

It does work with BI, but I can't figure out how to use two way audio and good alerts with BI. Any pointers would be great.
When these people only post how wonderful it is, but don't come back to explain to you how they configured it in BI, it looks like an advert. There's not much point in me directly asking Nelly's, as I live in the UK, but one of you guys could ask.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
kmackall

Post by kmackall »

Hi all,

New to this forum and new to Blue Iris. I used Zoneminder for a couple years now, and after looking in Blue Iris I decided to give it a shot. After a quick eval I re-imaged my Zoneminder Linux server to Win 10 with Blue Iris. Can't be happier.

So now onto my questions. I've got 16 cameras in and outside my home, 15 of them Foscam. All work great. In addition, I have an RCA HSDB1, which I believe is the same as the Hikvision DB1. For the camera definition in Blue Iris I have the IP address, RTSP port of 554, and a video path of /Streaming/channels/101. It's the user name and password that I believe are my problem, and I really don't know what to use for these values. When I use the values I had in ZM (user admin, password the verification code from the tag on the camera), things worked.

I'm fairly certain the video path is correct, since if I go into Stats for Nerds on the browser it shows video streaming at about 400Kbps and the camera seek position is Live. In Blue Iris I get the error code 8000007a (Check port/user/password) 0. If I change the video path to something else, Blue Iris reports 404 not found. The window in Blue Iris shows No Signal with the error code below. Interestingly, the no signal screen also shows me the camera time from the RCA doorbell, so it appears there's data being properly exchanged between the doorbell and Blue Iris.

I've tried in Blue Iris the admin/verification code, and other options like admin/admin, admin/(blank), but always the same result of no signal in Blue Iris.

Any help on the right user and password combination would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
mikelk

Post by mikelk »

I have both the Nelly DB1 and DB2 - don't waste your time on the DB1. DB2 is decent and appears to be the same as the Hikvision model. The Nelly model did not have a way to tie the PIR alerts into BI (disappointment) - would like to know if the Hikvision version has this. Video is decent. Have not tries to tie in audio so can't help there.
GordonShumway

Post by GordonShumway »

It looks like it's been about a year and a half since this thread was updated. Are there any new recommendations or experiences with doorbell cameras that work with BI? I can say from my recent experience that Amcrest just upgraded their software for the AD110 and it now REQUIRES an active internet connection in order to install or use ... so I dumped it (anybody wanna buy an AD110 cheap?). I am running pfSense firewall and since I only need internet access to my Blueiris server, I wrote a firewall rule to stop all of my cameras from "phone home" internet access some time ago (IMHO they really did not need to contact the Chinese mothership every 10 minutes). While the camera was still reachable with BI the app stopped working without internet.

What's new with doorbell cams?
wahzoo2

Post by wahzoo2 »

I am playing around with the Amcrest 4MP Video Doorbell Camera Pro. It works flawless under the Amcrest ap (Android version) and has really good "people only" alerting. I also have it's camera stream connected under BI without any issues for video. It is Wi-Fi only and does required the doorbell transformer (no PoE). Also remote alerting is lacking unless you use old school doorbell and original wiring. Would love to see a BI or Amcrest direct WiFi doorbell speaker, but so far have not found.

Audio is interesting. Works great under Amcrest mobile app both speaker and microphone. Under BI UI3 or BI mobile app it's less than appealing. Microphone is very low and much harder to hear, speaker function causes warble/feedback like sound coming out of the doorbell. So if you use it from only the mobile app, it's highly functional and good price.

Other than remote BI-UI3 camera viewing, not sure how to fix so that could use a non-mobile-platform to control from say residence or commercial remote viewing station. Really don't want to have to try and install an android interpreter engine. First also thought maybe BI over Alexa, but that seems to be depreciated and "skill" not there yet? And then there is Amcrest over Alexa as a skill ... but don't have any Alexa view devices.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hmm, Amcrest Ad410 eh ? rtsp and onvif, but not available yet in the UK. Must...resist...

Is the Lorex 2K QHD Wi-Fi Video Doorbell Outdoor Security Camera the same device ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.