Stand Alone Monitor

Danielwhite8425

Stand Alone Monitor

Post by Danielwhite8425 »

Hey guys,

I'm sure this may have been covered at some point in the forum, and I apologize if it has, but I was wondering if anyone has a solution for liveview monitoring on LAN? I Just want to be able to have my camera's up on a TV in live view. I don't currently have any TV's purchased so I'm just looking for some best practice guidence. I don't want to have to connect it to a PC.

Thanks!
Daniel
TimG

Re: Stand Alone Monitor

Post by TimG »

My preferred option would be to have an android TV version of the android BI application, and to run that on a small android box plugged in to the tv. I presently use 4k Fire TV sticks with the normal android app (not good as you can't select the recordings), and have also set up "Silk browser" on them with the UI3 application. That is slightly better, as Silk gives you a cursor that can be used to select things, but it's too course to adjust the slider to see older recordings.

So, if you want an android tv version of the BI android app, please let support know that it's not only me :lol:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
smalljob

Post by smalljob »

I have a basic setup on my Samsung smart tv. I just use the built in web server to log into the BI ui. I have it set up for auto login so when I switch from say cable or Netflix to internet it logs in immediately and I have access to all my cameras as if I logged in from a PC. Not as nice as having BI but great for getting a nice view of everything with only a few clicks of the remote.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
userdd6767

Post by userdd6767 »

I've set up my Windows 10 machine with a "kiosk mode" that launches MS Edge (that's all that it allowed) that displays my UI3 web URL. I've set it to auto-login, and disabled the timeout in the settings. Works like a charm on my laptop, or any other PC that you might have laying around.
TimG

Post by TimG »

That's interesting, I was thinking about a BI5 screen near the front door at my next house, and this might help.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.