CodeProject AI Upgrade from 2.0.8.0 to 2.6.2.0

natharas82

CodeProject AI Upgrade from 2.0.8.0 to 2.6.2.0

Post by natharas82 »

Hi, I previously tried to upgrade CodeProject AI last year but had no success, I had to remove the version that I installed and revert back to 2.0.8.0, which seemed to be a fairly common problem experienced by others.
What is the best upgrade process now with CodeProjectAI, can I go straight to 2.6.2.0 or is there a specific upgrade path that I should be taking?

Edit - So I attempted the upgrade and it appeared to go fine, but now the CodeProject.AI Server service won't start, I've restarted the VM and that made no difference.
natharas82

Re: CodeProject AI Upgrade from 2.0.8.0 to 2.6.2.0

Post by natharas82 »

When checking event viewer I get the following even though I have Microsoft .Net Runtime 7.0.18 (x64) installed and have also performed a restart:

Code: Select all

Description: A .NET application failed.
Application: CodeProject.AI.Server.exe
Path: C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\Server\CodeProject.AI.Server.exe
Message: You must install or update .NET to run this application.

App: C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\Server\CodeProject.AI.Server.exe
Architecture: x64
Framework: 'Microsoft.NETCore.App', version '7.0.0' (x64)
.NET location: C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\Server\

No frameworks were found.

Learn about framework resolution:
https://aka.ms/dotnet/app-launch-failed

To install missing framework, download:
https://aka.ms/dotnet-core-applaunch?framework=Microsoft.NETCore.App&framework_version=7.0.0&arch=x64&rid=win10-x64
natharas82

Post by natharas82 »

So, I was able to work out to go get CodeProject install, I had to remove the existing version that I had and then it worked. I did have issues with push notifications then not working which may have been related to Object Detection (YOLOv5 6.2) being installed and not Object Detection (YOLOv5 .NET) but I've reverted back to a snapshot that I created.

I may try it again tomorrow when I've got some more time and will see how it goes.
TimG

Post by TimG »

What is the best upgrade process now with CodeProjectAI, can I go straight to 2.6.2.0 or is there a specific upgrade path that I should be taking?
I think you have already answered this yourself. My method of updating CPAI is based on multiple previous failures and good system backups getting me out of trouble. The method that consistently works for me looks like this:

1. Stop BI5 and CPAI service. Uninstall CPAI (Add/remove).
2. Delete folder C:\Program Files\CodeProject
3. Delete folder C:\ProgramData\CodeProject
4. Install CPAI 2.6.2. Let it complete installation - see web page for progress.
5. Reboot.

Since that works, there is clearly no specific upgrade path requirement. Delete everything and install the required version :idea:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
natharas82

Post by natharas82 »

TimG wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:48 am
I think you have already answered this yourself. My method of updating CPAI is based on multiple previous failures and good system backups getting me out of trouble. The method that consistently works for me looks like this:

1. Stop BI5 and CPAI service. Uninstall CPAI (Add/remove).
2. Delete folder C:\Program Files\CodeProject
3. Delete folder C:\ProgramData\CodeProject
4. Install CPAI 2.6.2. Let it complete installation - see web page for progress.
5. Reboot.

Since that works, there is clearly no specific upgrade path requirement. Delete everything and install the required version :idea:
Yeah, I wish I knew that before starting, I went with the approach of download 2.6.2 and install it and it should be right, but nope that proved me wrong. I did manage to get 2.5.6 on it but had issues with it not pushing to mobile phones, so I've reverted back for the time being, I think it may have been the object detection I installed but not 100% sure, will need to do some more testing.

Update: I used the above method, it installed Object Detection (YOLOv5 .NET) 1.10.0 and I'm off and running, will def need to save this for when I upgrade again, hopefully this helps some others that aren't familiar with the process.