Help configuring wifi camera

wdthompson

Help configuring wifi camera

Post by wdthompson »

Hi- I have been using BI 5.0 for quite some time, love it but am having issues with adding 2 new cameras. The first issue is with a Dahua bullet camera. I have it all set up over ethernet, works just fine. Problem is when I unplug the ethernet, it loses the signal- not picking up wifi. I'm sure this is a basic setting that I am overlooking- but can't seem to find it! How do I need to set up the wifi for this to work externally?
Second camera is a Foscam G4. I set that up over wifi, and it works fine in the Foscam app. Problem is when I enter the Ip address of the camera in BI, it doesn't find the camera, and I'm not sure why. Haven't tried it over ethernet ... but will do that next.

Appreciate any help, pointers.

Thanks in advance
TimG

Re: Help configuring wifi camera

Post by TimG »

Hiya,

What model is the Dahua ? Are you sure you have correctly added your wifi SSID and password details to the camera itself ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
LyndMc

Re: Help configuring wifi camera

Post by LyndMc »

I had a similar issue with my Amcrest camera. I thought sure that the camera was bad, as soon as I unplugged the ethernet cable I lost the camera. I went as far as decommissioning the camera and just using my second camera. One day I pulled out that supposed bad camera and started playing with it. I found that somehow the wired and wireless IP address somehow got configured the same. When that happens, the wired connection works and the wireless does not.

It's a longshot that its the same issue that you are having but its something to check.