restart after auto update

General discussion about Blue Iris
davidcbittner

restart after auto update

Post by davidcbittner »

I am not sure why but probably about 2 times a week when blue iris does it's daily check and update (I have set for 7:00am) for all major and minor updates blue iris does not automatically restart or even check for an actual update.
It just shuts down at 7:00am it seems. I am going to have to shut the auto update off (I don't want too) but I am going to have no choice I think at this point. Is anyone else experiencing this with auto update turned on and scheduled.
I used to have it auto update at like 2:00am but I changed it to 7:00am I could not trust it to auto start at 2:00am when I really needed it to be recording activity at night.
Thanks
TimG

Re: restart after auto update

Post by TimG »

My advice is to turn off automatic updates for BI5 AND Windows, then do them manually when you have the time to deal with possible problems.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

Are you sure you’re not talking about the database check/repair? That is set as default to every night at 2am but when it performs this task it stops recording so I’ve set mine to just once weekly and on a Sunday at 11am when I most likely will be at home in the day time.
davidcbittner

Post by davidcbittner »

100% positive. Blue iris shuts down completely and does not automatically restart
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

Are you running BI as a service?
muttaringot

Post by muttaringot »

My problem was solved by automatic update for my BI5 version. Thank! :)