Blue Iris integration with Google TV?

General discussion about Blue Iris
DeaneG

Blue Iris integration with Google TV?

Post by DeaneG »

Does anyone know if there is a way to view Blue Iris cameras or BI's UI through the new Google TV adapter? I'm considering ditching my current DVR setup which lets me add URLs as top level menu items, so I can see cameras easily while watching TV, without retrieving my phone and running an app. Or if Blue Iris could be a Chromecast server, I think that would work.
TimG

Re: Blue Iris integration with Google TV?

Post by TimG »

I don't know this device, but suspect being Google that it runs some form of android. I have been trying to get enough people using android tv (leanback) to ask Ken to create a version for it for a long time. I have an Nvidia Shield and four 4K firesticks. I sideloaded normal android BI5 onto them all, but it's not very useful. I can view all cameras, and see the cpu loading on the server, but that's about it. UI3 seems difficult to get going on these devices too :(
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Matts1984

Re: Blue Iris integration with Google TV?

Post by Matts1984 »

Yeah I wasn't sure about just using UI3 or perhaps setting up a web server to allow direct feed access. I do not have an actual GoogleTV device yet but I've been using Chromecasts for years and the existing android app allows me to cast a feed very easily already. It works well if you just want to watch one but not sure it works as a full fledged security solution for monitoring everything.
Blue Iris 5.8.9.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon E5-2660 v3 @ 2.60GHz - 16 Cores | 24GB RAM | 8TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | Mostly various SV3C Cameras