No thank you

General discussion about Blue Iris
Thixotropic

No thank you

Post by Thixotropic »

Just noticed this in the webinar email I got:

"Future webinars may be advertised via the PC software rather than email. Please be sure your license is registered and your software is up to date"

Ummm, no. Do not want. Please do not start putting notices or ads in the software. If this is added to BI, at the very least include a switch to completely disable it.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
Matts1984

Re: No thank you

Post by Matts1984 »

Oh wow I missed that. I like that they're exploring providing these webinars and I may try and view one or two but yes, I am absolutely against advertising in the application/software. Feel free to continue to email me (though they're still being marked as Spam!!!) I don't want Spam popups in the server software (or in the mobile apps).
Blue Iris 5.8.9.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon E5-2660 v3 @ 2.60GHz - 16 Cores | 24GB RAM | 8TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | Mostly various SV3C Cameras
TimG

Post by TimG »

I missed it too. It would be OK if it was only on the screen to update BI to a new version, but I agree, I don't want other adverts.

I missed the webinar email as well as it got stuck in a hidden spam filter :( I wonder if they will release these webinars as videos on the www somewhere ?
Last edited by TimG on Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

TimG wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:04 pm I missed it too. It would be OK if it was only on the screen to update BI to a new version, but I agree, I don't want other adverts.

I missed the webinar email as well as it got stuck in a hidden spam filter :( I wonder if they will release these webinars as videos on the www somewhere ?
Not sure about the ads yet but the webinars will be posted to the new OFFICIAL BI Youtube channel -> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDkejn ... PfI7l2u64g

Only one video so far but after todays webinar, there should be a second soon.
Blue Iris 5.8.9.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon E5-2660 v3 @ 2.60GHz - 16 Cores | 24GB RAM | 8TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | Mostly various SV3C Cameras