Some questions before purchasing the BI ios app

General discussion about Blue Iris
carluzky

Some questions before purchasing the BI ios app

Post by carluzky »

Hello everyone
long time lurker but first time poster , glad to be in this forums
I have BI4 and never felt the need to use the ios app until recently , so i just had a few questions before spending $10
a- When a motion notification shows up on my phone , would i be able to see a thumbnail of the perpetrator before going in the app?
b- and once i open the app & watch the clip, will it show up with green detection rectangles (just like the wyze app) provided i choose that options on the pc setting?

c- this one is unrelated, but i was thinking about purchasing the V5 , so all i have to do is pay for the 1yr Extended Support and Maintenance ($29.95) and i will receive not only full access of V5 but i will also get full support and software downloads for 1 yr correct? and then i will have to pay again if i decided to continue with the support BUT if not then V5 will still work fully just without the updates , correct?

thanks in advance!!!
terk

Re: Some questions before purchasing the BI ios app

Post by terk »

Push notifications stopped working from BI 4 a while back to the mobile app. Once you update to v5 the push notifications should work fine however I don't get an image with my push notifications.

Email notifications and SMS notifications and have worked in either version I setup email to send me 3 images 2 seconds apart which works well to tell what triggered the motion, on the SMS I have it send a picture as well and I get the image there too, although every once in a while it fails to get the SMS through for some reason . You can also turn on motion rectangles so the images will include a rectangle around what caused the motion if you want.

I'm not sure on the licensing aspect, I have always kept the support paid for so I have always been able to update.
carluzky

Post by carluzky »

thank you !
TimG

Post by TimG »

all i have to do is pay for the 1yr Extended Support and Maintenance ($29.95) and i will receive not only full access of V5 but i will also get full support and software downloads for 1 yr correct? and then i will have to pay again if i decided to continue with the support BUT if not then V5 will still work fully just without the updates , correct?
That is how I understand it, but do ask support for confirmation.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.