can I tell BI to only trigger when the camera sends a signal that it sees a person

General discussion about Blue Iris
Salothe1998

can I tell BI to only trigger when the camera sends a signal that it sees a person

Post by Salothe1998 »

I recently added a Reolink RLC-822A and when I'm viewing the camera on the Reolink app on my ipad I notice that the camera does a good job of recognizing people and cars (the app will display an icon of a person or a vehicle when they are in view). I've had a problem with getting false alerts in BI due to headlights because I live at the top of a "T" intersection and BI sees the passing headlights as motion.

That got me thinking: can I tell BI to only trigger when the camera sends a signal that it sees a person?

Thanks
TimG

Re: can I tell BI to only trigger when the camera sends a signal that it sees a person

Post by TimG »

There are two ways you could do that, and really it depends what the camera can do:

1. If the camera can send an ONVIF "Person" event to BI5 then it is quite simple.
2. If the camera cannot do that, you would need to install CodeProject AI to do it for you. Probably needs a more powerful pc !

I suggest a bit of research to see if your camera speaks ONVIF. You could install ONVIF Device Manager to see what it does.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.