Periodic Keep Alive

Serodgers

Periodic Keep Alive

Post by Serodgers »

The periodic keep alive function recently added July 3rd has an issue. It does not fire at 12:00am. I have it setup firing off a URL to HomeSeer every 10 minutes and it works fine every 10 minutes except at midnight.

11:50pm it fires, skips 12:00am and fires again on schedule at 12:10 and every ten after that until the next midnight.

Have observed this each night since I setup this on the schedule page.

I sent support an email but wanted to see if anybody else has observed this bug.

Ver 5.2.8.23

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TimG

Re: Periodic Keep Alive

Post by TimG »

I have not used this functionality, but as a fellow Homeseer user, what is HS doing with this data ?

I'm presently using BeeryGaz's plug in with HS4 for BI5 to trigger lights with camera motion detection.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

I bet if you set if for 11:59 or 12:01 it'll work.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
Serodgers

Post by Serodgers »

Got an email form BlueIris Ken:

Thanks Steve

I believe this will be resolved in 5.3.0.3 later today.

Ken
Serodgers

Post by Serodgers »

TimG wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:57 am I have not used this functionality, but as a fellow Homeseer user, what is HS doing with this data ?

I'm presently using BeeryGaz's plug in with HS4 for BI5 to trigger lights with camera motion detection.
Just using this feature in a proper Watchdog type event. BI checks in to HS in the interval defined by BI by sending a JSON URL that fires a HS event. HS event resets a timer. Second HS event monitors the timer and if it exceed the interval alerts me via pushover message that something is wrong with BI. May eventually add to this and restart BI if HS determines it has been off-line too long or can just restart the PC. Kind of redundant with BI Tools doing something similar.

Will update BI and see what it does tonight.

Don't use the any plugin once discovered I could do everything i needed with direct JSON calls from HS to BI and from BI to HS for things like camera watchdog and motion. For HS to BI I use that to turn off motion detection on one camera when ever one sprinkler zones run. Sprinkler sprays off trees and such creates non stop motion alerts for that camera. Turn motion detect back on when sprinkler moves to next zone.

I have a posting over on the HS forums that details this with example JSON calls in HS events to control BI and BI actions to triggers HS events. two way interaction within no plugin required.https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/camer ... ost1403531
TimG

Post by TimG »

Ah yes. I'm "Traction Tim" over there :D

For me the plug in just made events easier. I think I purchased it just as he gave up maintaining it :!:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Serodgers

Post by Serodgers »

Tested 5.3.0.3 and the problem is resolved. Periodic keep alive function fires off at 12:00am correctly.