Camera randomly drops, won't reconnect

Thixotropic

Camera randomly drops, won't reconnect

Post by Thixotropic »

I'm using BI version 5 with the latest updates running on Win 10, and I have two Wyze V2 cameras with RTSP support enabled.

Occasionally one or the other Wyze cams will suddenly stop displaying video in BI, and nothing I do will get it to re-attach or be seen by Blue Iris.

There's no reason for this that I can determine, literally nothing has changed- it's running one moment and dead the next.

I should note that when this happens the camera is still working fine in the Wyze app, displaying video as it should. The camera also still works perfectly in tinyCam, so I'm pretty sure it's not the camera itself.

Sometimes deleting the camera and then attempting to add it again works, sometimes it doesn't. Oftentimes searching for it with the Find/Inspect button fails.

Find/Inspect also seems to want to revert to http rather than rtsp, but neither setting will find the camera.

Any ideas as to what's going on here? Should I try Blue Iris version 4?
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
broachoski

Re: Camera randomly drops, won't reconnect

Post by broachoski »

Thanks to my past infatuation of Wyze Cams I purchased Blue Iris and very happy I did but only because I have moved on to POE IP cameras. The connection drops is very very common and well know and the Wyze team is not working on resolving this issue and have not released an RTSP update in quite a while. I wish someone could work out their issues but not sure their hardware would allow it. Their resolution is great in my opinion.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

In the cameras properties, go to the 'Watchdog' tab and enable it. Specify the appropriate options. When BI detects the camera has dropped, it can reset it and bring it back... as long as the feed is there.

It can also notify you by Push, SMS, Email, Windows popup...
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

Solved - ignore
Last edited by Thixotropic on Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

Thank you, Mike.

I've got the Watchdog settings configured, but they don't seem to be able to recover the camera. It's very odd that they'll just drop off randomly like that. I could understand if it was the same camera every time, but the weird part is that it seems to occur randomly with different cameras.
MikeBwca wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:59 pm In the cameras properties, go to the 'Watchdog' tab and enable it. Specify the appropriate options. When BI detects the camera has dropped, it can reset it and bring it back... as long as the feed is there.
Slarty01

Post by Slarty01 »

Did anyone get to the bottom of this I tried the restart options on watchdog and it killed the camera connection. All I keep getting is pxsense errors and the cameras drop. So frustrating, Never had issues before v5
hotbrass

Post by hotbrass »

Check your cables, unless its wifi. I have a camera that kept dropping frequently, like 50-100 times a day and I replaced the RJ45 connectors and it does not drop anymore. Also if you have power cables running with the Ethernet cables, that is a source of possible interference.